Click Below to View Instructions/Diagrams
Unable to view the files above?
A PDF viewer is required for viewing and printing. Click the icon below to download the FREE Adobe Reader.
PermaNet® 10/48/6 Electric Netting
- 10 horizontal strands (9 energized)
- 48" tall installed.
- String verticals every 6 in.
- Line posts (built-in) every 12.5 ft.
- Post diameter is 0.75" dia.
- Post spikes (SS): .31" dia., 8" long.
- Post spikes (DS): .31" dia., 7" long.
- Designed to be left in one place for months or years.
- Sites with installation problems for permanent wire fences (hills, rocks, dips, curves, trees, no machine access).
- Boundary fences for ponds, orchards, forestry plantations, gardens, cropland.
- Boundary fences on leased land. It's easy to remove when the lease ends.
- Interim boundary fence until a permanent wire fence is installed.
- To protect stored hay or grain supplies.
- Sites with soils that shift due to frost or water-table changes and therefore are difficult to maintain high wire tensions.
- If the fence is near trees, check the fence after high winds for fallen branches. (This should be done with all fences.)
- Weeds must be controlled during the growing season. Spray a strip (8 in. wide) of herbicide along the net. The other option is to mow and move it monthly. If you're not willing to do this, don't buy PermaNet.
- Monitor the voltage levels. It should be 2000 volts if the soil is moist and 3500 volts if the soil is dry.
- Check posts from time to time. For posts that become loose or leaning in the soil (can occur in wet clay soils when wind blows the fence back and forth)--lift, move over 1 in. and reinsert.
The “unroll and then unfold” process is the same for all electrified nets. Because the posts are longer and the rolls heavier than other nets PermaNet is faster and easier with 2 people. Extra line posts are not necessary, but support posts (steel T posts or large fiberglass rods work well) will be needed as anchors at ends, at angles of 45º or more and at 90º corners. Use non-conductive string or rope to tie it to steel T posts—steel posts must never touch the netting!
Free shipping on qualified items if order exceeds $100.
Keeps in: sheep, goats, pigs and cattle
Keeps out: deer and bears
NOTE: Dry conditions and wintertime usages—may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing.
Listed below are the recommended components that might be needed to build this basic fence. (Some fence components have multiple choices.) Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. If so, please call and talk to a fence consultant at 800-282-6631.