To my surprise I found that the essential equipment I had used in England wasn’t available in the USA. So we imported enough for ourselves. Word spread. Soon we were supplying products nationwide. It’s now a business with 40 employees.
Premier adheres to these principles...
- The Golden Rule. We try to treat customers and suppliers as we would wish to be treated.
- Describe products honestly. All things have weaknesses—and potential users need to know them.
- Specify how and when products should and should not be used.
- Be cautious until a product has been field-proven. Manufacturers are inclined to exaggerate.
- Customize products to suit the needs of users.
- Never stop improving our products and our service.
- If a product does not consistently please our customers, fix the design or stop selling it.
That Premier’s model works is proven by our competitors—who almost flagrantly copy our ideas, designs, products and even taglines (such as “that works”—ours since 1988!).
That our family of customers continues to grow each year suggests that our efforts are appreciated.
The original 150-acre farm remains. In 2007 we added 2 farms. We use them to raise wool sheep, hair sheep and meat goats. They are essential to allow us to field-test and evaluate our products.
We also have 2 pasture poultry flocks—again to test our expanding range of products and ideas.
Best wishes to all...
Stan & Jean Potratz