5 Light Fence Tester
- To determine how many volts are on a fence line.
- To determine if your energizer is working properly.
- Tester body: 6" long x 1 1/4" wide
- Cable: 5' long
- Ground probe: 5" long
How to Use
- Insert the probe of the tester into the soil.
- Remove your hand from the metal portion of the probe (to avoid a shock).
- To get a voltage reading, touch the metal clip (on the top of the tester) to the electrified fence you wish to test.
- The tester will light up according to the voltage at that location on the fence.
- Remove the tester from the fence and the probe from the soil. Do not remove the probe by pulling the insulated wire.
- Turn off energizer.
- Disconnect ground wire and fence wire from energizer.
- Turn on energizer.
- Touch probe from tester to ground terminal on energizer (be sure to hold onto the insulated wire and not the metal probe!)
- At same time touch the fence hook on tester to fence terminal on energizer.
- The tester should light up to 6000 volts or more.
- Make sure that the probe has not become separated from the black insulated wire.
- Cup your hands around the body of the tester to keep the sun's glare off the lights of the tester.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Electric NettingItem #206620 -
150' rolls also come in green/black. Green horizontals and black verticals allow this net to blend aesthetically into natural backgrounds.$199.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Jonathan F from Northern CA
Pros: Inexpensive, easy to use, I know the fence is hot without touching it.
Cons: Hard to see lights when it is bright out, somewhat delicate.
Hilton H from Georgia
Works great. The only time the lights are hard to see is when the battery for the charger is getting week and the voltage is dropping.
Mike G from Southwestern Virginia
The grounding rod has pulled out and off the wire twice. Returned once for warranty but not worth the shipping to do it again. Had to strip, solder, and apply shrink tube to end to keep working. Wouldn't recommend this product-
Pamela P from New York
Didn't want to spend a bundle for a tester for only 50ft of permanet around my garden so chose this inexpensive one. It works beautifully, though it is a bit difficult to see the indicator lights in bright light; solution is to use it in the evening when checking the fence for the night!
Johnny S from S.E. Idaho
You just can't beat the price! Does what I need it to do!