- 6 ft - 5/8" diameter and no head.
- 3 ft - 1/2" in diameter and has a head on one end.
How to Use
- Allow 3 ft of rod per joule of energy released.
- Use multiple 6 ft rods for large energizers and 3 ft rods for smaller energizers (and lightning diverters).
- Make sure to put the ground rod all the way into the ground.
- To attach ground wire, make a elongated "U" in the wire.
- Put the "U" against the rod and put the clamp around it. Tighten.
- Make sure to have the ground rod all the way into the ground
- Make sure you have a good connection to the ground rod
- Make sure to have a good connection on the energizer and fence
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Thomas R from Indiana
I used a combination of 3 rods in conjunction with the lightning diverter to protect livestock and my fence charger. Ground rod installed nicely with a t-post driver and finished with a sledge.
I like this one for movable nets. You can put 2 to 3 feet in the ground, yet still have enough to hang on to to pull it out to move the net. I also tie one end of the fence to it to put tension on the fence.