Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Ken W from North Carolina
Bought the 4000s 13 T Shear Package . This is an excellent product and very user friendly for novices like us. Years ago we tried to shear our llamas with the 3000 and gave up after creating a walking chia pet. Decided to go for it again with the 4000s - Wow! The unit is quiet and light and cuts like a charm.Changing the combs and cutters is very easy. We were going to shear one llama a day but due to the speed and ease of the unit sheared all 4 at once. For our first time would give our cut a B+ grade .If we can do it any one can succeed with this unit. Happy Trails
Mark N from Iowa
Very fast arrival of the product and nice case - that's about the only nice thing I can honestly write about this item. The shears dulled almost instantly on one alpaca. Customer service said I had to wash and blowdry my animals - why don't you find a better product to sell (this is your top of the line and with a large herd, who has time)? I ended up having to send them back for refund and hire a pro - who used Heinschler sheers and whipped through the animals with NO problems as they were. Definitely no "WOW" here - sorry Premier.
Laun D from Central Pennsylvania
This is my second set of Premier 4000 shears. I am a small operation shearer for camelids. They work well except the placement of the switch sometimes causes them to turn off when you cange your grip, or when plowing through a thick fleece. Only use the ceramic cutters, they are awesome! The only other problem is in the shipping. Because there was no option to order with the ceramic cutter and a case, I decided to order just the machine. The forks of the shear head were sticking through the side of the box when it arrived, but luckily they weren't damaged.
Nichole H from New York
Amazing! I am new to sheep (Suffolks and Dorsets) and I purchased used shears from a local person. They would get hot and were very heavy. It was frustrating and when I went to a breeder's house she showed me her Premier shears and swore by them. She said don't let the price scare you they are with every penny. I agree!!! I received my Premier shears yesterday and went to it today. My ram looks amazing! They were light, ready to use, came with a great guide for beginners with all the FAQs that newbies have. They made shearing much more enjoyable and I look forward to showing this year! Thank you for this great product and all of your efforts in making it much easier to get involved wih sheep!
William H from Elverta California
Worked perfect right out of the case. Used on my granddaughters 4 H lamb. Easy to handle and clean. It works perfect for someone just learning, light weight and the smaller hand grip helps.