Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock. Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I have had a terrible time trying to get mine to work correctly. They were suppose to be set and ready to shear when I got them, they weren't. The first night we tried to shear we were unable to get them to work at all. The next day I called Premier & they walked me through setting the comb & cutter. That night we were able to shear 1/2 to 1 1/2 animals before they were so fire hot & would shut off! When they do work they are awesome but we haven't had any luck with them. Premier wants me to send them back to them at my expense & they will check them over. They have been very kind but I don't think the customer service is excellent. I paid to have the shears shipped overnight, they haven't worked right ever & now I'm expected to pay more freight to ship them back so they can look them over.
If they became hot, as you indicate, that suggests that the cutter tension was not set correctly. This is a common result for folks new to sheep shear heads (and regrettably all makes and models of shear heads the world over use the same frustrating tension system-a system that rewards the experienced and exasperates most others. We wish a different system existed but, to date, it does not).
I noted your comment that it did not arrive ready to use. I will talk to our assembly folks re. this.
What can I say - AWESOME!!! I have hair sheep and when they don't shed completely, they need some clipping. WOW - less than 5 minutes per sheep (when they hold still...) and I was done. Smooth, easy, lightweight, and the sheep really appreciate getting rid of that extra coat in our south Texas summers!
I have been shearing for almost 20 years. I started with the oaster/stewarts, then moved up to the andis/heinigers for years. My first pair of premier's were the origional style, they were so light and easy to manuver however the old style shear head had some problems. I jumped on the new style clippers and what an improvement. The new head is much more reliable. The Andis have slightly more torqe, but they were huge, hard to hold onto for long periods of time and not as easy to manuver. The new Premier 4000's are the best all around hand held shear clipper on the market
Excellent product, light and easy to handle. ready to use. Highly recommend it. The only feature that would improve is the manual control of the cutter movement. Some models have this where the comb and the cutters can be checked. This makes setup a little easier.
Great shearer. I used it for my Icelandic sheep. Very easy and light in the hand.