Item #819611 has an additional handling fee of $20 per item.
- Folding carry handle on the stand and ramp prevents sheep from getting their legs caught.
- Stronger mounting points for the side rails (old style could easily be bent if stand was dropped on them).
- Side rails extend further into mounts to prevent them from coming out when leaned on.
- Better fit of head piece in the stand (old style tended to be loose).
- Improved head piece securing bolt (easier on the fingers than old style).
Hot-dip galvanizing ensures an attractive appearance and the lowest cost per year of use. (Hot-dip galvanized steel resists rusting longer than painted steel.)
- Includes the headpiece but not the ramp or side rails
- Stands 22" off the ground
- Ramp measures 48" x 20"
- Side rails measure 25" tall x 24" wide
- Adjustable head piece
Optional Side Rails - 25" tall and 21-1/2" wide: (if trimming stand purchased after 7/20/10)
- Side rails fit securely to the stand to reduce animal movement.
- Reduces risk of accidental falls from the platform.
- 4' long x 20" wide.
- Reduces effort and risk of injury to both animal and user (often encountered when lifting animal on to a stand without a ramp).
- Ramp hooks directly into the diamond mesh on the trimming stand floor.
Head Piece Only:
- 1" x 1" square tube is 43" long (measured from the bottom of the head piece).
- Thumbscrew enables users to adjust the front vertical bar up or down to fit most sheep or goats.
- Hot-dip galvanizing ensures an attractive appearance and the lowest cost per year of use. (Hot-dip galvanized steel resists rusting longer than painted steel.)
- Quick and simple to carry and store
- Ships via UPS
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Clippers and Shears - Large
Premier 4000s 13T Shearing Package w/case, 4 oz oil, Spitfire 4 point cutter, Spirit 13 tooth comb and screwdriver.Item #829001 -
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.$352.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Paul/kara M from Iowa
We only needed a replacement head piece to fit our stand that we have had for 20+ years. The head piece was very sturdy and works well with our Boer goats. Shipped very fast- love that!!
David P from New York
We bought this stand due to the price. It is functional and easy to transport. I dont use ramps or side rails on our show sheep as they are trained to jump up. The newer lambs want to step off the side and the square tube welded to the stand for the rails scratched them so we wrapped the tubes with duct tape and that ended that issue. The chain we also wrapped with gauze and covered with a wrapping of ...you guessed it...duct tape...lol! That made the chain much softer for the hide on the neck of the lambs. I've had stands that were wheeled and had jacks and I could incline them....this is your basic bread and butter stand. Worth the money and I would recommend it to the entry level showperson. FYI...any stand with a wrap around chain is going to present issues when shearing the back of the neck. Also...never leave a sheep unattended because they think you are leaving them behind and yes they will try to follow and possibly hang themselves. But that isn't the fault of the stand design or the animal...hint hint.
Pamela Y from Montana
Received the stand very quickly. Premier has always been very speedy on orders and their blade sharpening service. The stand is easy to set up and very sturdy. I bought it to shear my small flock of Shetland Sheep. Haven't started yet, but am not anticipating any problems with the stand. I have nothing but praise for Premier's service and products.
Ron F from New York
Purchased for trimming goat hooves. Lightweight, sturdy, great height. Ramp is a back saver! Side rails are very handy and we remove the rail on the side we are working on. Had no problem even with our 200 pound Boer Buck. Highly recommend this product.
Debbie P from Colorado
I used my new trimming stand today. It worked perfectly. I really appreciate how easy it is to set up and take down. It's not too heavy for me being female to move around, and yet it was heavy enough to stand firmly. I have Shetland sheep, which are small and this trimming stand worked well for them.