Item #819611 has an additional handling fee of $20 per item.
- Folding carry handle on the stand and ramp prevents sheep from getting their legs caught.
- Stronger mounting points for the side rails (old style could easily be bent if stand was dropped on them).
- Side rails extend further into mounts to prevent them from coming out when leaned on.
- Better fit of head piece in the stand (old style tended to be loose).
- Improved head piece securing bolt (easier on the fingers than old style).
Hot-dip galvanizing ensures an attractive appearance and the lowest cost per year of use. (Hot-dip galvanized steel resists rusting longer than painted steel.)
- Includes the headpiece but not the ramp or side rails
- Stands 22" off the ground
- Ramp measures 48" x 20"
- Side rails measure 25" tall x 24" wide
- Adjustable head piece
Optional Side Rails - 25" tall and 21-1/2" wide: (if trimming stand purchased after 7/20/10)
- Side rails fit securely to the stand to reduce animal movement.
- Reduces risk of accidental falls from the platform.
- 4' long x 20" wide.
- Reduces effort and risk of injury to both animal and user (often encountered when lifting animal on to a stand without a ramp).
- Ramp hooks directly into the diamond mesh on the trimming stand floor.
Head Piece Only:
- 1" x 1" square tube is 43" long (measured from the bottom of the head piece).
- Thumbscrew enables users to adjust the front vertical bar up or down to fit most sheep or goats.
- Hot-dip galvanizing ensures an attractive appearance and the lowest cost per year of use. (Hot-dip galvanized steel resists rusting longer than painted steel.)
- Quick and simple to carry and store
- Ships via UPS
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Clippers and Shears - Large
Premier 4000s 13T Shearing Package w/case, 4 oz oil, Spitfire 4 point cutter, Spirit 13 tooth comb and screwdriver.Item #829001 -
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.$352.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
It's ok. Difficult to get sheep up there. My 7mo old ram managed to flip out of it and bring it down on top of him. Almost hanged himself. When the sides are up it is difficult to access the hooves. Used it two and a half times. Could have been made better is all I can say. The two sheep I sheared was not able to access the neck because of the chain so they look funny. Not too happy with it. Pretty flimsy. I would pay more for a better one. I regret buying it.
This is a well made inexpensive fitting stand for my beginner showman. We did swap out the metal chain that holds the head with a plastic one. The only thing that would make it better is to have "L" shaped hooks so the head chain would not pop off if the animal moves. We are going get some different ones welded on to make the chain more secure. Overall a great product for the price!
I purchased this to use instead of my older stand. It is great you can work on a sheep by yourself and not worry about them stepping off. The only issue that I have is the holes for the pins in the leg braces were drilled on the wrong sides. You can't get the pin in the whole to stabilize the legs.
Purchased for trimming goat hooves. Lightweight, sturdy, great height. Did not purchase the side rails or ramp. I thought, and still think, that those would be unnecessary, in fact an impediment, for my use.
Elizabeth N from CenTex
Neat and sturdy stand. I especially like how the head chain restrains the lambs head. We anticipate many years of use.