Fence Conductors: Electric Rope, Twine, Wire and Tape
Important facts about electric fence conductors…
- Our prices for both premium and economy electrifiable rope, twine and tape are much lower than you will find anywhere else so much that we can usually ship them to your door for less than you would pay at the local farm store.
How can we afford such low prices?
- We buy direct from the manufacturers in semi-loads.
- We sell direct to you.
- Unique products with features and capabilities not found elsewhere.
- Products similar to those found elsewhere. This allows you to compare and buy at the level that suits your current needs.
What Premier offers…
- More experience. We were among the very first to offer and promote electrified rope.
- Knowledge. We specialize in electric fences. We use them. Stores and catalogs don’t.
- Widest range of options: IntelliBraid, EnduraSoft, IntelliRope PE, etc. So you can choose a product for your specific situation and need.
- Ropes and tapes that combine conductivity, durability, visibility and mildew resistance.
- Both braided and twisted ropes.
- Lowest costs for similar quality. It’s almost a “given” that if someone is selling rope for less than Premier, it is inferior in diameter, conductivity, filament quality or visibility. (Check the labels for yourself.)
Facts about our braid & rope…
- Most UV resistant: EnduraSoft, IntelliBraid
- Most resistant to mildew: IntelliRope PE
- Best for long fences: EnduraSoft, IntelliBraid and IntelliRope PE
- Best for portable fences: IntelliRope PE 4.5
- Best for semi-permanent fences: IntelliRope PE 4.5 and 6.0
- Lowest cost per ft: IntelliRope PE 4.5
- Least cost per year of use: EnduraSoft, IntelliBraid and IntelliRope PE 4.5
About our “Econo” conductors?
We added them for 2 reasons:
- To provide an easy way for folks to compare farm store materials (which are similar to our “Econo” conductors) with our premium quality ropes, twines and tapes.
- Because they’re less expensive (but lower in visibility and durability).
What to look for when purchasing electrifiable rope…
- Visibility against all backgrounds. Animals see colors poorly, so maximum contrast is important.
- Conductivity: Important if the fence is over 1000 ft or in contact with weeds. If not conductivity is a minimal factor.
- Durability: Should match intended use. Why should you buy a “20-year” rope for a “2-year” situation?
- Exposure of metal filaments: The better ropes have these spread evenly and frequently around the exterior.
- Support: Extreme warranties (with fine print) play upon fear to drive up sales. We’ve backed all of our products for 35 years. If a Premier item disappoints in ways not described by Premier, we will replace it or refund its value, simple as that!
Plastic filament facts…Most in-store labels don’t tell you what the plastic filament is. They should because there can be large differences in performance and cost per year of life.
Why don’t they? Some may not know. Others hope you’ll assume all rope is the same and just buy on price.
The filament options in descending order of cost per ft and resistance to sunlight are:
- Virgin polyethylene monofilament
- Polyethylene monofilament
- Polypropylene film
The differences between these in response to sunlight, movement, stretching, mildew and years of life can be large. Some will last only 2 years and some more than 20 years.
We advise you not to buy rope with labels that do not clearly say which it is.