NETTEX Prolapse Harness
Adjustable harness prevents ewes from the straining that pushes a vaginal prolapse back out. If a prolapse is treated when it is small, the success rate of treating a prolapse with a harness is very high.
We recommend using the harness with a retainer spoon until the ewe stops straining, then remove the spoon and slightly loosen the harness.
- Allows you to help the ewe carry her lambs to full term.
- If prolapses are treated when small, the success rate is very high.
- Makes the ewe more comfortable and able to urinate on her own.
- The neck, back, and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes.
- We find that these harnesses will last for many years with moderate care.
How does it work? When a ewe strains, her neck drops and her back arches. This pulls the cross webbing of the harness tighter against the vulva and also pulls the retainer (if one is used) into the ewe. Most ewes soon cease to strain. Although ewes can lamb past a harness, we remove it when lambing starts.
- The neck, back and leg straps each adjust to fit ewes of all sizes.
- Snap buckles enable easy attachment, removal and adjustment.
- Made by Nettex in England.
Do not grab onto the harness as a way to catch a ewe. The buckles are designed for harness adjustment only.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.