ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- Trimming hooves on sheep and goats.
- Multi-purpose hand shears for pruning flowers and shrubs.
- Japanese steel blades are 1 3/4" long
- The sturdy plastic handle measures 3.5" in length
- Smaller than our Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Rounded blade tips
- Note: ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
- Both ARS trimmers slice through hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips make cleaning manure from hooves without risk of injury to you or the animal.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
James T from Virginia
I just bought these and they are working well so far and after 30 goats are still sharp. Only time will tell if they perform over the long term
valery r from Ontario Canada
Wow! These work like a sharm for my husband (finally a pair of clippers that cut!)But my teenage daughter dislikes them prefering the ones her dad doesn't like...it's one of those things that you kinda have to try to see if you like them.
Cynthia M from Wisconsin
I bought these trimmers assuming that I was buying the top of the line tool. I'm sure that the materials are of very high quality, and the blades are very sharp. But I was disappointed in two aspects of the construction: first, the safety catch does not stay securely in place; a slight bump of the trimmers causes the catch to release and the trimmers to pop open. Second, the rounded tips cross over each other just a bit. This means that when you use the trimmers to clean a hoof, both sharp tips are slightly exposed. Perhaps my pair were made when the quality control person had a bad day. I'm sure they will last much longer than any cheap farm store trimmers, but considering the price, I'm not sure I'd recommend them.
The ARS trimmer provide the ultimate in control. The steel slices throught hooves and makes the work a breeze. The locking mechanism does not get inadvertantly moved while in use. I am very satisfied with this product.
I've used these twice already, on a buck and a kid, they are sharp, and cut through the hard buck hoof like butter. I've used 2 pairs of the green handle clippers for 3 years, and had to sharpen them every other goat. If these stay sharp, they are going to be the best I've seen. Worth the extra money!!!