ARS 140DXR Hoof Trimmers
- Trimming hooves on sheep and goats.
- Multi-purpose hand shears for pruning flowers and shrubs.
- Japanese steel blades are 1 3/4" long
- The sturdy plastic handle measures 3.5" in length
- Smaller than our Serrated Foot Trimmer
- Secure locking system
- Rounded blade tips
- Note: ARS 140 DXR Serrated Trimmer has a serrated blade (top side only) for improved cutting. Serrated blades slice through hard hoof horn without slippage. Improves efficiency and safety.
- Both ARS trimmers slice through hooves easily.
- Comfortable handles. Our left hand users rave about these trimmers.
- Cutting stroke is ultra-smooth.
- Steel blades truly hold an edge.
- Gently rounded tips make cleaning manure from hooves with risk of injury to you or the animal.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Brian D from Oregon
These are very good quality trimmers with nice sharp, good quality blades. They are a little small for my hands and the blades are just a little too short to trim the whole hoof with only only bite. The other problem is that the latch is not secure and the blades often spring open when in my pocket.
Samuel P from Mississippi
These are the best trimmers I have ever used. The serated edge realy gets a bite and the trimmers do not allow hoof material to twist betwwen the blades. They are well engineered. I would like to see the serated edge in the 3 inch blades.
David D from Texas
I have owned the standard trimmers for about two years now and have been very satisfied with the performance. They stay sharp and slice through the tough hoof on my Boer buck. I recently bought the serrated trimmers and can honestly say that they are an improvement over the standard DXR. The serrations bite into the hoof material keeping them from slipping and sliding off the hoof during the cutting operation. This reduces fatigue and allows me to concentrate on making a more precise cut. My goats constantly jerk their rear feet when trimming and the serrations help keep the trimmer in place. These trimmers look like they will last a lifetime. Don’t forget the glove on the hand holding the hoof. Once again an excellent product from the folks at Premier.
jennifer F from INDIANA
LOVE THESE SERRATED TRIMMERS BEST PURCHASE I HAVE MADE SO FAR. NO PROBLEMS EASY TO USE FITS MY HAND WELL. MAKES TRIMMING GOAT HOOVES A BREEZE. WILL NEVER USE FARM STORE TRIMMERS AGAIN.
Hugh R from Maine
Serrated clippers playing to rave reviews. Flockmaster did 30 sheep with a single pair.