Automatic Poultry Door
- Poultry door mounts to the inside of the chicken coop. This protects the unit from the elements like rain and ice.
- Door uses a daylight sensor to open at dawn and close at dusk—automatically.
- Raccoon-proof screw-drive design.
- No cables or jam-prone traction doors.
- Stops predators when closed.
- Easy installation.
- Self tests, auto-reverses upon jamming or closing on a bird.
- 6 wall-mounting angle brackets (attaches easily to side of door frame).
- Power supply (110V plug-in).
- Photocell light sensor attaches outside.
- Overall dimensions: 30" H x 10" W x 3.25" D (without angle brackets attached)
- Door opening: 10" H x 8.25" W (all chicken sizes up to a small turkey can pass through)
The light sensor is much more sensitive to changes in light availability than our birds. This fall a few birds were still outside (in the dark) after the door closed. So make sure to check your flock during any changes in weather or light availability.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
- Keep the light sensor clean and safe from damage.
- Position the light sensor so it's fully exposed to evening light without shade. Otherwise the door may close before all birds are inside.
- Check to make sure all birds are in the coop during decreased light availability: Storms, fog, snow and power outages.