Bébé-Lac Automatic Milk Feeder
New! Alternative to bottle and bucket feeding for small-to-medium sized producers. The Bébé-Lac provides a constant, uniform and easily accessible supply of milk replacer or formula for up to 40 lambs and goat kids. Automatically mixes up to 15 lbs of powdered milk replacer/formula with warm water.
Provides the shepherd more time for choring and caring for the rest of the flock. Animals take the mixed liquid by means of a rubber nipple.
For larger flocks/herds, look to the Auto-Feeding LAC-TEK Machine.
- Provides milk for up to 40 orphans
- At weaning, kids/lambs are of equal quality to those raised on a mother
- Mix only what you need—less spoilage
- Built-in thermostat warms water to a preset temperature, up to 110°
- Adjustable milk/water ratio for desired concentration as animals age
- Daily cleaning takes about 10 minutes
- 6 month warranty
Automatic Milk Feeders Compared
- Dimensions: 17" x 19" x 28"
- 4 lamb/kid nipples
- 4 nipple connectors
- 12 feet of nipple tubing
- 2 nipple panels
- 1.5 gallon reservoir (for warming water)
- 15 lb capacity hopper for milk powder
- Rating: 110 volts, 1500 watts
- Operating manual
How to Use
- Nipples must be set 1" above the level of the milk in the mixing bowl.
- If mixed milk has cooled lambs won’t be eager to consume cold milk. Not a problem unless only 1-2 lambs/kids.
- Spoilage can occur in warm weather.
- Warm temperatures may cause milk to froth which covers the sensor. This delays the mixing of a fresh batch.
- Must be kept from freezing. Some build an insulated box and/or install a heat lamp.
- Requires a 20 amp breaker.