- Height: 5.5"
- Ground wire (green): 48"
- Fence wire (red): 9-1/2"
- Bright "blue" spark
- Visible more than 500 ft at night if located where there is no other light.
- Flashes with every pulse over 3000V (the opposite of the Volt Alarm). For energizers 0.5 joule or larger.
- Hangs on an existing permanent fence. Metal clamp ensures positive fence contact.
- No battery needed. Gets its power from the pulse itself (which is why a larger energizer is necessary).
- Very easy to use.
- Visual reassurance that the fence is working.
- Connections are not easy to make or remove.
- Fence must be turned off in order to install.
- Requires large energizer, to supply adequate voltage.
- Recommended for use on smooth wire fences only.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
James H from North Carolina
Works great. I have it about 300ft from the house and I can see it. No batteries, excellent product
Virginia P from New Hampshire
This is the cat's meow for keeping tabs on the fence if you are lazy about checking it like me. As advertised, the fence does have to be running 3 k volts or above, so it wont' work with a weaker energizer or when greenery is sapping the voltage.
Grant N from Minnesota
Went from the night shepherd unit to this one. I can see this one from the road even during the day. I really like it a lot and it is less expensive than the old flourescent ones. Very positive experience.
David S from Colorado
I was daily testing my fence with a manual tester. Now with this unit i can visually see the status from my window, even when it's raining or snowing without tracking out in the mud. It has a very bright strobe light, similar to a small lightning strike, making it very visible, even in daylight.
Peter P from New Hampshire
I had been using the old night time shepherd with the flouresent bulb for near 10 years. the sun damage has clouded it a bit but in the dark you can still see it flash. The blitz light has a much sharper flash and can be seen for several hundred feet. I'm getting a second one to place on some net fence I use on the back pasture,600 feet away .