Creep Feeder Gate
- Height: 40" or 45"
- Width: 41" - from the outside of the eye loop to the outside of the eye loop and 38" - gate itself.
- Hot-dip galvanized to improve appearance and longevity.
- Comes with 1 horizontal bar and 5 vertical rods.
- As shown above in photo, vertical bars are spaced 6" apart.
Creep gate parts:
- One horizontal bar—1/2" diameter steel rod with white plastic roller. 6 height possibilities (18" to 28" with increments of 1" to 2"). Held in place with a spring-loaded clip.
- Five vertical rods—1/2" diameter rods with white plastic outer rollers. Gate has 11 holes along the bottom and top. To adjust, pull rod and drop it into any hole. (We find we need all the holes as the lambs grow.)
- Eye loops—Two eye loops at ends allow attachment with a Connecting Pin (sold separately); to wire panels, metal bar gates and/or wooden panels.
Hot-dip galvanized products have triple the useful life in humid, acidic climates (many barns!).
Both horizontal and vertical internal bars can be altered to allow the openings to "grow" with the lambs or kids. White plastic pipe on rods spin freely when lambs move through them.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
janice c from oregon
I know this is a great product, but the shipping was $95 for the 45" gate so I had to cancel my order. It would have been nice to have known this before I went through with the order. Premier 1 did call me to let me know the shipping issue before shipping, however, so it was easy to cancel order.
Leslie G from Washington
Great design. My kids are still getting used to it but were able to go through without a problem. The platic rollers are a good idea. Even if they don't use it to pass through yet I see them rubbing their heads over the rollers.
Liked the gate alot.Should come standard with extra bar for no addtional fee. Basically useless without it. Smaller ewes and yearlings can get in the gate without it.
Mary S from SE Louisiana
Perfect for our lambs. Very nice product: well made, clever design. Design shows lots of thought and a designer who *used* the product. Love Premier.
This is a very sturdy creep gate. I really like the pins to attach to my goat panels. We set the horizontal bar on the lowest setting and the yearling angora goats were still able to get through. We added another horizontal bar several inches lower by ziptying on an old, broken broom stick. I would like to see modifications to this gate to allow the user to lower the horizontal bar further than currently allowed. When the kids are too old for creep feeding I will be taking the gate to the local welder and have him add on more holes below the existing holes. Overall, I do like this gate and will make my own modifications to keep the smaller angora yearlings out.