- Galvanized steel pipe with elastic webbing.
- Can support large, adult sheep and goats (without horns).
- Adjustable width for all sizes.
- Included support rope for large/heavy sheep. (Prevents elastic webbing from over-stretching.)
- Length is 40 inches.
- Maximum width is 16 inches.
- Minimum width is 10 inches.
- Bottom "legs" are 14 inches.
- Replacement webbing is available.
- Can be folded flat for easy storage and transporting with some disassembly.
We've introduced several improvements over the previous version:
1.) New elastic webbing
- A thick weave of elastic shock cord has replaced the string net we used previously. The elastic web springs back into place when the ewe leaves the chair reducing the risk of entanglement. The webbing quickly hooks over built-in rivets for easy replacement. Included support rope can be used for heavy animals to prevent over-stretching.
- This simple device prevents the animal’s hind legs from getting caught in the mesh. On occasion we’ve had to chase down a ewe that’s made off with our deck chair because of this very reason—not often, but it has happened.
3.) Quickly make size adjustments
- When using our original chair, a wrench was needed to make side-to-side adjustments. These nuts have been replaced with finger-friendly wing bolts. Kick-plate adjusts via the same method.
How to Use
- Best location is in the corner of a small pen, as this allows catching the animal with the least effort. Drop the top of the chair over the gate or fence at a 45 degree angle.
- Catch the sheep by the head. Back the sheep into the chair. As the back legs hit the bottom crossbar, the rump (and most of the animal's weight) will fall into the webbing. Take care not to catch the rear legs in the 2 vertical chair legs.
- Complete the process by lifting the head upwards into the sitting position.
With one hand, tip the chair forward with the sheep inside it. Allow the animal to fall out onto its feet. Hang onto the chair or you may be chasing the animal/chair combination around the pen.
Does not work well with horned animals. Their horns may become entangled with the webbing.
Note: New Deck Chair Replacement Webbing (#807515) DOES NOT fit our Old Deck Chair (#807500).
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Granterra Farm S from Missouri
I have not used this yet and hope it works like it is said to work. I will tell anyone that this is one sturdy piece of equipment made of heavy metal with durable welds and should last for years.
Robie & Rhoni S from Wyomin
We have about 100 head of sheep and this deck chair has made trimming feet a MUCH MUCH easier task. It is not only easier on us, it is also MUCH easier on the sheep. We have had this chair for about 3 years and it is holding up wonderfully! The chair simply and easily cradles the sheep so they do not strain or resist. The deck chair is especially great for trimming our rams feet. It is much easier to "set" them in the chair than it is to try to lay them down as before and it is much easier on them! ONE OF THE BEST INVESTMENTS WE HAVE MADE for reducing labor on our part and for reducing stress on the sheep!!! Would definetly recommned!!!!
I have a small flock and this is essentially my only handling equipment. Works great, holds hair sheep sufficiently. Easier to unload a large ewe or ram with two people. Gentle on the animals and a nice place for the shepherd to take a lunch break too. We put a t-shirt over the top of it to keep ear tags from getting entangled in the netting. We use it for hoof trimming, FAMACHA, vaccinations, inspection of an injury... They are usually quite calm once in the chair.
Matt P from Tennessee
This is a quality stout product. A must have for any size flock
Megan C from WV
Great product makes it easier on the operator and much easier on the animal allowing it to be less stressful.