ElectroFence® 11/48/12 Electric Netting
An effective electrified fence that keeps in sheep, goats, guard dogs and cattle while keeping out deer, coyotes and bear.
How it differs from PermaNet®:
- An extra “live” horizontal strand.
- Lowest live strand is only 4" above the soil (vs 6" for PermaNet).
- Verticals every 12" (vs 6").
- Strutted verticals instead of string. Less likely to sag between posts.
How it's similar to PermaNet®:
The same in all other respects (post size, post spacing, height and conductivity).
Pos/Neg fences—are for dry, sandy or rocky conditions. Ideal for situations when there is too little moisture in the soil to properly ground the fence.
- 11 horizontals
- Horizontals are white and black
- Horizontal spacings from bottom to top are: 4", 4", 4", 4", 4", 4", 6", 6", 6", 6"
- Verticals are white plastic struts placed every 12"
- Posts are .75" PVC with a metal spike that goes into the ground.
- Posts are available with a single spike (SS) that goes into the ground or double spike (DS) that goes into the ground.
- Post spikes are 8" long and 0.31" in diameter on the single spike posts.
- Post spikes are 7" long and 0.31" in diameter on the double spike posts.
- Posts are spaced every 12.5'
- 48" tall
- Comes in 50' or 100' lengths
- 38 Ohms of resistance/1000 feet
- Every net comes with 1 Warning Sign and 1 Repair Kit.
- Positive/Negative (Pos/Neg) comes with 2 clips on each end. 1 is to be hooked to the energizer like normal. The 2nd should be hooked to a ground rod. This is for places where the soil is very dry and the animals do not ground well.
- #204500 - $1.37 per ft (100' roll with single spike posts).
- #204501 - $2.22 per ft (50' roll with single spike posts).
- #204515 - $1.56 per ft (100' Positive/Negative roll with single spike posts).
- #204510 - $1.48 per ft (100' roll with double spike posts).
Weeds must be controlled for ElectroFence to remain effective. Either move and mow as needed during the growing season, or spray herbicide (see photos above) along the bottom strand of the net.
If you can’t do this, ElectroFence may not be the right net for you.
Tip: A PowerLink 4.0 (see accessories tab above) is recommended to attach the grounded portion of the Positive/Negative net to the ground rod.
Remember...netting must always be properly electrified!
It is best to have animals trained to electric fencing before you turn them out in the net only. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Even though this net is more stable than other nets, extra posts may still be needed to keep the hot strands off of the ground.
Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. Warning! Do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting due to risk of fire. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier's website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing.
Dry or frozen ground many cause the NetPost spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 19/48/SS (white) - For: PermaNet 10/48/6, PermaNet 12/48/3, ElectroFence 11/48/12 or PermaNet Plus 12/48/3Item #206501 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$2.99
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 19/48/DS (white) - For: PermaNet 10/48/6, PermaNet & Plus 12/48/3, Horse and Cattle QF 4/48/24 or ElectroFence & Plus 11/48/12Item #207046 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$3.52
Fence Connectors and Accessories
Repair Kit for Bear QuikFence, VersaNet 60, ElectroNet (DP), PoultryNet (DP), ElectroStop (DP), ElectroFence & Plus, PermaNet & PlusItem #201730 -
A handy repair kit that includes all of the essentials to patch tears and holes in electric net fences.$2.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #206502 -
Replaces lost, misplaced or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.75" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.21
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #206503 -
Replacement clip designed for the steel spikes on posts.$0.15
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Matthew G from Greer, South Carolina
We are extremely pleased with the quality and versatility of the fencing we purchased from your company. We have purchased many products from you guys and have been satisfied with all of them
kent p from Okla.
Got the 11/48/12 double spike. Works great. Able to keep very aggressive buck in for the first time, when breeding season is near. Hard ground is a problem, so glad I got double spike. Will buy more.
Will R from Kansas City, MO
Much nicer than the E'Stop netting and a lot less sagging. This is the way to go! wish I could trade in my E'Stop netting for this stuff!
Kathy K from East of Seattle, WA
We bought the double spike 100' rool. We are absolute sheep newbies (I've had horses for 15 years), so had no idea what to expect at all. We haven't picked up our sheep yet, but have started setting up their fencing and housing. The fence itself looks like it will be very long-wearing.
The most "interesting" part is going to be creating a fence for this, as there is no obvious way to do so. But we'll figure it out.
Karen B from Washington
Just bought 6 of the 11/48/12 100' fences, single spike. Wanted to try the double spike, but needed the fencing quick for our sheep at a new property. Our soil is very rocky! Not a problem for these improver posts. The beefed up cap makes hammering in the posts easy, I was able to get them all installed without pilot holes and no sagging! . Grazing our sheep on a new 10 acre pasture that has no permanent fences yet, this is the perfect solution! Wish I could post a picture with this review of our happy sheep in the new fence! I've used electro net for years to divide pastures and rotate grazing, this is the first time relying on electric netting as the only fence. Our old electronets are more touchy to I stall, been patched many times, I think it is time to retire them. This net is constructed so much better, and very easy to install. Our horse respects it too!