ElectroStop® 10/42/12 Electric Netting
ElectroStop is 7" taller than ElectroNet®. Has one extra conductive twine. A prefabricated fence that has 10 horizontal twines (9 conductive); is 42" tall installed, and has large white plastic vertical struts every 12".
White PVC posts are built into the mesh every 12.5'. The result, when energized properly, is a nearly impenetrable mesh to sheep, goats, coyotes and dogs.
The black and white colors provide 24/7 visibility to both humans and animals against light and dark backgrounds. It's low electrical resistance (only 38 Ω/1000 ft) is an important benefit for longer fences and/or fences with high weed contact.
Pos/Neg fences—are for dry, sandy or rocky conditions. Ideal for situations when there is too little moisture in the soil to properly ground the fence.
- 10 horizontals (9 electrified)
- Horizontals are white and black
- Horizontal spacings from bottom to top are: 4", 4", 4", 4", 4", 4", 6", 6", 6"
- Verticals are a white plastic strut spaced 12" apart
- Posts are .5" PVC with a metal spike that goes into the ground.
- Posts can be single spike (SS) with 1 spike that goes into the ground or double spike (DS) with 2 spikes that go into the ground.
- Posts spikes are 6" long and .26" in diameter
- Posts are spaced every 12.5'
- 42" tall
- Comes with 2 nylon strings that can be used to tie posts back to support posts or to tie 2 end posts together.
- Comes in 164' or 82' lengths- Pos/Neg is available in 164' lengths with SS posts only.
- 38 Ohms of resistance per 1000'
- Positive/Negative (Pos/Neg) comes with 2 clips on each end. 1 is to be hooked to the energizer like normal. The 2nd should be hooked to a ground rod. This is for places where the soil is very dry and the animals do not ground well.
- Quick Ground ElectroStop is a special use netting developed by Premier. Metal filaments in the bottom horizontal strand (the one touching the ground) serve as the ground rod to complete the electrical circuit. Designed for those that move netting very frequently. There is a risk with this design. If vegetation touches both the bottom strand and the first positive strand (only 3" away) an electrical short is likely. A larger energizer is often needed.
- #203000 - $.85 per ft (164' standard roll with single spike posts).
- #203100 - $1.23 per ft (82' standard roll with single spike posts).
- #207025 - $.95 per ft (164' standard roll with double spike posts).
- #207040 - $1.34 per ft (82' standard roll with double spike posts).
- #203200 - $1.06 per ft (164' Quick Ground roll with single spike posts).
- #204000 - $1.04 per ft (164' Positive/Negative roll with single spike posts).
Tip: A PowerLink (see accessories tab above) is recommended to attach the grounded portion of the Positive/Negative net to the ground rod.
Remember...netting must always be properly electrified!
It is best to have animals trained to electric fencing before you turn them out in the net only. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. Warning! Do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting due to risk of fire. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier's website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing.
Dry or frozen ground many cause the NetPost spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 15/42/SS (white) - For: ElectroStop 10/42/12, E'Stop 9/42/6, PoultryNet 12/42/3, Chicken Net 12/42/3 or Goat Net 9/42/6Item #203041 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$2.30
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 15/42/DS (white) - For: ElectroStop & Plus 10/42/12, E'Stop 9/42/6 or PoultryNet & Plus 12/42/3Item #207007 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$2.65
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #201710 -
A handy repair kit that includes all of the essentials to patch tears and holes in electric net fences.$2.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200800 -
Clip designed for the spikes on standard netting posts. Keeps bottom black strand from sliding up and creating a gap at the bottom of the net.$0.12
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #202203 -
Replaces lost, misplaced or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.575" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.20
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Works great 90% of time.
Does not stop rutting Bucks (at least with my overloaded charger), or small lambs (they go through the holes). Vegetation grows like the jungle during spring in Michigan and quickly overwhelms, even hides the net.
The spikes do rust rather quickly.
Needs 4x4 grid and powder coated spikes to be perfect.
Netting works great, will be buying more.
We're just getting started into the sheep business and the electrostop was the first fence we used (and only for awhile). To say we exceed the recommended usage is an understatement. Our "pastures" are anything but ideal... 5 foot tall canary grass... wet,rocky, lumpy ground is the norm and we don't (can't) mow paths, just try to stomp it down. We do use fiber posts between posts to keep the net from completely sagging and support the corners with step-ins. Once it's set up, it works better than it probably should. Make sure none of the hot strands are touching the metal spikes! The little 20B is all we have (the solar panel is worth it) and shocks well through the grass even though the red light sometimes doesn't flash. I test the far end of the 2nd net by touching a hot strand with a blade of grass. The only thing more impressive than the net/20B package are the hardy Katahdin and Dorper hair sheep we graze!
Our goats had no respect for the four strands of electric tape we'd put up. Even after we'd purchased a better charger they would jump through or crawl under the tape and get into our neighbor's garden. This fence was so quick and easy to install and is the only fence they respect. We purchased the two prong after our experience with the single prong fiberglass posts. The two prong is worth the extra money - much easier to install. This fence was the perfect solution for us until we can fence our whole property with permanent fencing.
I called and was told that form my area the one prong fence would work well. Well it does not. The post that go into the ground are way to flimsy. When I was finally able to get the post into the ground, it sags. So I had to put extra fence post mid way between every section.