ElectroStop® 10/42/12 Electric Netting
ElectroStop is 7" taller than ElectroNet®. Has one extra conductive twine. A prefabricated fence that has 10 horizontal twines (9 conductive); is 42" tall installed, and has large white plastic vertical struts every 12".
White PVC posts are built into the mesh every 12.5'. The result, when energized properly, is a nearly impenetrable mesh to sheep, goats, coyotes and dogs.
The black and white colors provide 24/7 visibility to both humans and animals against light and dark backgrounds. It's low electrical resistance (only 38 Ω/1000 ft) is an important benefit for longer fences and/or fences with high weed contact.
Pos/Neg fences—are for dry, sandy or rocky conditions. Ideal for situations when there is too little moisture in the soil to properly ground the fence.
- 10 horizontals (9 electrified)
- Horizontals are white and black
- Horizontal spacings from bottom to top are: 4", 4", 4", 4", 4", 4", 6", 6", 6"
- Verticals are a white plastic strut spaced 12" apart
- Posts are .5" PVC with a metal spike that goes into the ground.
- Posts can be single spike (SS) with 1 spike that goes into the ground or double spike (DS) with 2 spikes that go into the ground.
- Posts spikes are 6" long and .26" in diameter
- Posts are spaced every 12.5'
- 42" tall
- Comes with 2 nylon strings that can be used to tie posts back to support posts or to tie 2 end posts together.
- Comes in 164' or 82' lengths- Pos/Neg is available in 164' lengths with SS posts only.
- 38 Ohms of resistance per 1000'
- Positive/Negative (Pos/Neg) comes with 2 clips on each end. 1 is to be hooked to the energizer like normal. The 2nd should be hooked to a ground rod. This is for places where the soil is very dry and the animals do not ground well.
- Quick Ground ElectroStop is a special use netting developed by Premier. Metal filaments in the bottom horizontal strand (the one touching the ground) serve as the ground rod to complete the electrical circuit. Designed for those that move netting very frequently. There is a risk with this design. If vegetation touches both the bottom strand and the first positive strand (only 3" away) an electrical short is likely. A larger energizer is often needed.
- #203000 - $.85 per ft (164' standard roll with single spike posts).
- #203100 - $1.23 per ft (82' standard roll with single spike posts).
- #207025 - $.95 per ft (164' standard roll with double spike posts).
- #207040 - $1.34 per ft (82' standard roll with double spike posts).
- #203200 - $1.06 per ft (164' Quick Ground roll with single spike posts).
- #204000 - $1.04 per ft (164' Positive/Negative roll with single spike posts).
Tip: A PowerLink (see accessories tab above) is recommended to attach the grounded portion of the Positive/Negative net to the ground rod.
Remember...netting must always be properly electrified!
It is best to have animals trained to electric fencing before you turn them out in the net only. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. Warning! Do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting due to risk of fire. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier's website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing.
Dry or frozen ground many cause the NetPost spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed.
Listed below are recommended optional components. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our fence consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 15/42/SS (white) - For: ElectroStop 10/42/12, E'Stop 9/42/6, PoultryNet 12/42/3, Chicken Net 12/42/3 or Goat Net 9/42/6Item #203041 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$2.30
Posts and Accessories
NetPost 15/42/DS (white) - For: ElectroStop & Plus 10/42/12, E'Stop 9/42/6 or PoultryNet & Plus 12/42/3Item #207007 -
Replacement line posts for Premier’s netting. Designs for each type of net, double or single spike.$2.65
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #201710 -
A handy repair kit that includes all of the essentials to patch tears and holes in electric net fences.$2.00
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200800 -
Clip designed for the spikes on standard netting posts. Keeps bottom black strand from sliding up and creating a gap at the bottom of the net.$0.12
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #202203 -
Replaces lost, misplaced or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.575" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.20
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Andrea B from New Hampshire
Premier fence products continue to be the best. I have used some other brands, but had problems with sagging. This fence sets up nicely, and requires very few support posts. This fence is excellent, and the extra height has even kept in a fence-jumping 6-month-old Nubian doeling so far.
Christine S from VA
Fast shipping, easy to set up, looks and works great! Planning and preparation are key- read the instructions. Recommend mowing your perimeter lines to minimize plant contact on fence and it helps as a guideline for nice straight fence lines. We keep hair sheep in and horses out using the double spike and solar energizer. Works nicely with dips and hills in the terrain as well! Used several fiberglass rods for additional support in the turns. Otherwise, it came complete (even with a ground rod with the solar energizer).
Jens B from New York
Have been using these fences for about five years and give them a workout as they get moved often and in brushy areas. Five years is about the lifetime of a fence, alas, the wire conductors break where they bend at the post during fence moving, and whole strands of the fence go dead. I have done a lot of patching which extends life somewhat. Feel bad about tossing plastic products when they wear out, though may recycle sections to my vegetable garden for peas to grow up.
Have had some problems over time with the stakes bending and breaking where the metal of the tip ends inside the plastic post, despite pushing posts in from the bottom. Have fixed broken posts (leaving them a bit shorter) by heating the broken post with a torch and pushing the metal tip back into hollow core.
For the job, however, can't think of a better (except permanent fencing which I can't afford) or more versatile product for keeping sheep controlled as they get rotated over the wide range of pastures they are helping to clean up.
Marna L from Idaho
I would give it more stars if I could. It has made it so easy for us to move our goats around to clean ditchbanks and weedy areas. We've cleared our neighbors' fields of weeds, too. We are using it with a solar charger so it can truly go anywhere. We do supplement the built in poles with some additional fiberglass poles in some areas and you do need to have a cleared area or flatten down the grass and weeds to keep the hot lines clear.
Robert C from New Hampshire
We have been using four of the 164' fences for our sheep for about three years. This product works great and does everything it promises to do. The fence is holding up very well and looks as good as the day it was delivered.
We use the double spike version, and the fence has been very stable.
I have recommended this product to everyone that has visited our farm. I am back at the the Premier site today to purchase more (my wife keeps stealing my fences to use with her cows!).