Galvanized 8/32/9 HT Woven Wire
In terms of reliability, maintenance, cost, appearance, and risk of escape in all conditions year-round, this has been a nearly flawless multi-specie permanent boundary fence on our farms at Premier. We use it with 2 smooth strands above (1 at 40" that is electrified and 1 grounded at 46") and 2 offset electrified strands down low (8" and 28").
We base this on 40 years of installing, observing and using fences worldwide.
While Supplies Last. All sales are final, no returns.
- 8 horizontal wires
- 9" between verticals
- 32" tall
- Class 3 galvanized for longer life
- Horizontals spaced: 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5 and 6".
- 330' per roll
- Hinged knot joints
- All wires are 12.5 gauge.
- High tensile so it is more elastic, which means that it will bounce back from heavy snow loads and/or tree branches falling on it.
- Set the end/corner/curve brace assemblies.
- Stretch a GreenCote barbed wire at soil level to use as a "straight-edge" for installing line posts.
- Power-drive or hand-set the line posts. Attach barbed wire to posts.
- Unroll the woven wire. Strain it from end post to end post with strainer clamps. Staple woven wire to posts.
- Strain and attach 2 HT smooth wires above the woven wire.
- Insulate, strain and attach offset wires.
- Install a cut-out switch at an end post to allow turning off the power from the lowest wire when animals are not in the field.
- Connect all insulated wires to the energizer or cut-out switch.
- Connect all non-insulated wires (and the woven wire) to a ground rod.
Tip: A woven wire clamp (see accessories tab above) is well worth the investment for pulling woven wire evenly.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
High-Tensile Woven WireItem #360200 -
Barbed, 2 in. - For attaching a SupaTube to a wood post.$2.40