Hand Corn Sheller
- Yellow plastic wheel is 6.5" in diameter
- Housing is cast iron
- Wooden handle is 4.5" long
How to Use
- Once sheller is assembled and mounted to a collection box, simply insert a corn cob into the opening at the top of the sheller.
- Turn the crank handle either direction (ideally clockwise) with one hand, use the other hand to apply slight pressure to the cob to keep it in position.
- Turn the crank repeatedly, when the cob is completely shelled it will automatically dispense out of the sheller (and the collection box) separating it from the shelled corn.
- Insert the next cob and repeat process.
Does not work well with popcorn. Only shells half of the cob and spits it out.
- Make a box using 3/4" plywood.
- Final size: 18"x18"x18".
- Or, mount sheller to a 3/4" board secured in a vice.
Note: Box shown above in photos.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Tom Z from Wisconsin
Great little machine. Set up was easy and does a great job shelling.
Glenn M from Pennsylvania
Works good except for cracking about 5% of the kernels when using it for seed on open pollinated corn you loose that as seed.
Barry S from Wisconsin
I'm using it to shell corn for deer and wildlife and it sure beats doing it by hand. I built a "box" with a wooden mounting bar, so the sheller sits down in the box and this has eliminated almost all corn "splatter" and waste. It was easy to assemble and works fine.
Have only shelled a few ears at 30 to 32% moisture, but the sheller worked great. Can't wait to use it more in the coming weeks.
Dallas N from Iowa
Great product for the price. Missing some hardware upon arrival but nothing major. i've shelled between 10 and 15 bushels of corn now and i'm very pleased with how well the product works