Hand Corn Sheller
- Yellow plastic wheel is 6.5" in diameter
- Housing is cast iron
- Wooden handle is 4.5" long
How to Use
- Once sheller is assembled and mounted to a collection box, simply insert a corn cob into the opening at the top of the sheller.
- Turn the crank handle either direction (ideally clockwise) with one hand, use the other hand to apply slight pressure to the cob to keep it in position.
- Turn the crank repeatedly, when the cob is completely shelled it will automatically dispense out of the sheller (and the collection box) separating it from the shelled corn.
- Insert the next cob and repeat process.
Does not work well with popcorn. Only shells half of the cob and spits it out.
- Make a box using 3/4" plywood.
- Final size: 18"x18"x18".
- Or, mount sheller to a 3/4" board secured in a vice.
Note: Box shown above in photos.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Dallas N from Iowa
Great product for the price. Missing some hardware upon arrival but nothing major. i've shelled between 10 and 15 bushels of corn now and i'm very pleased with how well the product works
Leo P from Western pa
Great product espically for the money! It was missing a few small parts like washers when it arrived. Also had no directions with it just the box. Over all though it's a great product and seems like its going to last quite awhile. Will be buying another for the holidays for others I know!
Kenneth H from Mississippi
I purchased this sheller to shell samples to be tested or weighed for crop insurance purposes. 2 washers were missing in the mounting bolts bracket holders but it held anyway. The product works as advertised. Some of the other adjusters want one now. -- KWH - Indianola, MS
I just received my order today and it is in good condition and passing through all the legal requirement. It is handy and very useful.