Hand Feed Grinder
A strong, durable hand grinder. Crack corn to feed your animals or grind your home grown grains to flour.
Uses two metal discs that grind closely together to reduce grains (corn, wheat, etc) into cracked grains or by adjusting the tension on the wheels they can readily produce excellent flour.
Includes clamps to mount to a table top for easy use.
- Cast iron grinder base with stainless steel hopper (funnel shaped part)
- Wooden handle is 4.5" long
Also allows those with only a few animals that want to provide cracked corn the ability to do so without having to pay for expensive cracked corn.
How to Use
- Once mounted to a table top, make sure to insert the hopper into the top of the cast iron grinder.
- Now proceed to pour the grain to be grinded into the hopper and turn the handle in either direction for several cranks, study the material coming out and adjust the tension accordingly to obtain the particle size you desire.
- Tightening the tension produces a smaller end product, loosening the tension results in larger particle sizes.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Brian & Jen V
We purchased this hand feed grinder to crack corn for our lambs. It cracks a very little amount of corn. We were hoping to crack a 5 gallon bucket of corn at a time. We tried to adjust the discs to allow more corn to go through and tried to turn the handle as fast as possible, but it takes an extremely long time to crack barely any corn at all.
As we have stated in the description—this grinder allows you to create your own flour and to have control over your food supply for increased food safety and a healthier diet. Also allows those with only a few animals that want to provide cracked corn the ability to do so without having to pay for expensive cracked corn. It's not made to produce a 5-gallon bucket of cracked corn at one time—but if you need some for just a few chickens, it does a great job!