Kane Mineral Feeder
- For orphan lambs & kids. Their stomachs are not able to thrive (or survive) on hay and grass until they are 10 weeks old. It's too expensive to feed milk replacer so long. The solution is grain, pellets and soybean meal.
- For weaned lambs being pushed to catch the late spring markets.
- For show animals.
- For thin or sick breeding animals requiring special attention.
- For salt or mineral--should be available free choice year-round. These feeders are ideal for supplying loose salt and salt/mineral mixes indoors.
- 1.5 gal
- Size: 10.5"L, 5.5"W, 14.5"H
- Eating opening (ea): 4.5"W x 4"H
- Comes with brackets to hang on a wall
How to Use
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I recently tried this product and found that it was not really satisfactory for feeding loose mineral to my sheep. It is labled as a Creep Feeder on the front, and it may be fine for that. But if your sheep are full grown and at all assertive, they will knock it off the wall. This wastes a lot of mineral.
When I brought this up with customer service, I was told to put a bolt through the feeder itself.
Instead of following that advice I got the bright idea of fastening a board above the top to make it impossible to slide the feeder out of its bracket. I pushed hard on it and thought it would work, but the next day the feeder was lying on the ground again and the mineral had spilled out. The feeder is pretty well constructed as the sheep have not been able to damage it (yet!)
So maybe a bolt will work, but this feeder is not really designed for adult sheep. In the end, sheep tubs may be a more practical way to provide minerals.