Plastic Leg Bands
- Used to identify chickens and other poultry by color of leg band.
- Color coding aids in record-keeping and breeding.
- Use different colors to identify year of birth.
- Not hand-writeable.
- Bands arrive "blank" without imprinting.
- Make sure to use the correct size for your bird.
- 8mm (.3" dia) - for pigeons & quail, pkg 100
- 12mm (.5" dia) - for juvenile chickens, pkg 100
- 16mm (.6" dia) - for adult chickens, pkg 100
- 25mm (1" dia) - for turkeys & geese, pkg 50
How to Use
Keep multiple sizes/colors on hand to change to larger bands as young birds grow.
Leg band should easily slide up/down the bird’s leg. If too tight, the band will cut off circulation.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I like these leg bands but like a couple of other people mentioned, you do not sell enough sizes. My Delaware hens legs (and certainly my roosters legs) are smaller than the turkey size you offer but I have had 2 chickens get injured by the next smaller size (the biggest chicken size). I would also love it if numbers were imprinted on the bands.
Melissa D from Minnesota
These were a little small for my Delaware hens and roosters. The hens with smaller legs they will work fine for. I have yet to see how long they stay on and whether I can get them off. Would love it if numbers were embedded (not printed on) these leg bands.
Steve B from South Carolina
Excellent service and great product!
Patricia B from Vermont
I have not had a chance to put the click rings on the chickens and Guineas yet. I needed to have a leg band that I could apply by myself with no other helping hands. I believe I can open and close them with one hand while holding the bird with the other. So far they meet my expections and I can comment later once I put them on the birds and find out if they stay on.