A great way to identify if a ewe or doe has been bred.
Hot marking crayons (for outside temperature 70º-100ºF) are now available in red, blue and green.
- Size: front end 2" wide, back end 2 1/4" wide. 4" long x 1" deep.
- Contains wax, colourants and inert excipients.
- No dangerous components.
- A metal pin (hidden under the label) comes with each crayon.
- Can be used with our Deluxe Marking Harness, Nylon Breeding Harness or Cross Your Heart Leather Breeding Harness.
How to Use
- Hold in one hand so crayon itself is facing you.
- Push the crayon (hole in the center) with finger or thumb.
- Crayon should pop out.
To put in holder on harness:
- Remove cotter pin out of back of crayon by making a slit down middle of sticker.
- Place narrow end of crayon (plastic side down) in wide part of holder.
- Gently slide up until it can go no further.
- Slide cotter pin through holes on side of holder and crayon.
- With needle nose pliers, bend end of cotter pin to lock in place.
- The shade of the marks on wool may not exactly match the crayon color.
- Store in a dry, cool place to prevent crayons from melting.
- Always check the ram every day to see if the crayon needs changing or the harness needs adjusting!
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I purchased the cold weather markers. Its been in the low 20 here and the markers are working well. The blue and red show up the best.
Don't show up the best, I would recommend the hot instead of mild or cold.
Shows up well. Last a reasonable length of time. Over all very satisfied.
Shows up great even on white sheep. Stayed on even through the 3 days of rain. Didn't do as well on the reds and browns but I bet its gona show up on the black sheep great. I wanted a light color the first marking.
Like using the crayons, they work well. Only issue is that we have black sheep, and several colors are difficult to see on them, unless real close to them. We have found that red and green are our best options.