- Size: front end 2" wide, back end 2 1/4" wide. 4" long x 1" deep.
- Contains wax, colourants and inert excipients.
- No dangerous components.
- A metal pin (hidden under the label) comes with each crayon.
- Can be used with our Deluxe Marking Harness, Nylon Breeding Harness or Cross Your Heart Leather Breeding Harness.
How to Use
- Hold in one hand so crayon itself is facing you.
- Push the crayon (hole in the center) with finger or thumb.
- Crayon should pop out.
To put in holder on harness:
- Remove cotter pin out of back of crayon by making a slit down middle of sticker.
- Place narrow end of crayon (plastic side down) in wide part of holder.
- Gently slide up until it can go no further.
- Slide cotter pin through holes on side of holder and crayon.
- With needle nose pliers, bend end of cotter pin to lock in place.
- The shade of the marks on wool may not exactly match the crayon color.
- Store in a dry, cool place to prevent crayons from melting.
- Always check the ram every day to see if the crayon needs changing or the harness needs adjusting!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
B.J. s from Ks
This chalk fits in the harness better than other brands. I have found that the "hot" does not mark very well. We started using the "mild" even in hot weather. We also found that in a dry lot setting that hay and other stuff will stick to the chalk. We dont have this trouble in a pasture setting.
Joseph F from Nebraska
These are great! They work and it gives me a more accurate date on lambing.
Zane D from Idaho
The crayons are a little awkward to change out, but our ram is gentle, so no big deal. It is very important that you buy the correct temperature rated crayons, however. I purchased the mild crayon and it has been 5 degrees hotter than it is rated and they melted and the ram used up one whole crayon on one ewe. Hope she's bred!
Fits the harness quite well, but the cotter pin type attachment, while positive, is a bit fiddly.
We have had good luck with this product. They fit into the existing marking harness that we already had which was not a Premier 1 brand.