MaxiShock Insulated Cable: PIW2510
This 7 strand cable is covered with pliable plastic insulation. Unlike Double Insulated Wire, MaxiShock insulated cable does not require special connectors.
If you're installing permanent electric fences, use Double Insulated Wire (DCPIW34).
- Hot wires to each other
- Energizers to fences or ground rods
- Gate activators to fences
- Flood gaps to fences
- Above ground electric fence connections
- Extra-thick layer of galvanized zinc
- Low tensile strength
- 7 strand cable
- 1.7 mm diameter
- 10 years of probable life
- 160 lb breaking strength
- Rated for 20,000 volts
Unlike normal insulated fence wire, MaxiShock insulated cable does not require special connectors.
- Cut the soft wire cable with a knife or heavy duty scissors.
- Strip off 3" of the insulation and wrap it 4 or more times around the wire by hand.
It can be removed and reinstalled if needed.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Cecelia W from CA
Very useful for electrifying discontinuous sections of fence with the same power supply. For example, islands of fruit trees in a paddock. Heavy duty wire, simple connections, excellent.
We use an AC charger to electrify our electric mesh fencing which we move around over a few acres. We had been using posts and wire to carry out the charge. Now we use the insulated cable instead and it is much easier and can be driven or walked over. Well worth the extra cost.