- 8.5" long without tension
- 1" wide
- Stretches to 35 lb (half compressed)
- Stainless steel
- Should not rust
- Use with all types of rope conductors
- Easy to use
How to Use
- Attach one end of spring to a terminal insulator. (The P Spring will simply hook over some insulators; for others, you will need to tie the spring to insulators with rope or wire.)
- Attach conductor to other end of spring by taking the loose end of conductor and putting it through open end of spring.
- Pull conductor until spring is 1/3 to 1/2 compressed.
- Run conductor through the loop one more time and tie off.
- Whenever conductor becomes loose, repeat above steps.
However, if you don't have a helper to hold the tension on the rope, you may loose too much tension in the process of getting the RopeLink wrapped around the rope.
Solution: Attach the P Spring to the terminal insulator and loop the rope through it twice. Then pull the rope tight so the P Spring is FULLY compressed. When you get the RopeLink attached, you may have lost some of the tension on the rope, but the P Spring is half compressed just like it should be.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I really like these springs. They are much smaller than the ones at our local TSC, which I like. Keep my braided fence tight.
40 acres of 14gauge steel wire electrified with one spring every quarter mile per line on a support post, running a 3 line fence and anything that hits it bounces off and the return to tension is impressive. these springs are a must if running any electric fence not considered high tensile. Not like anything you can find at a local feed store. They give and take with temperature fluctuations and will save you on repairs in the long run...don't set up your electric fence without these!
Sarah P from Illinois
This spring works perfectly as advertised. The product itself is great. The only problem I had is with the shipper. They put my box it a clear plastic garbage bag and left it in the ditch at the end of my very long and shared driveway. Anyone could have stopped and picked it up and I would have never known. Good thing it looked like garbage. I won't place a high dollar order if this is the delivery method.
John M from CO
Simple and effective. My local stores only had large high tensile springs. These are great for a single strand of electric fence.
Joann M from SD
We have been using SW tape & rope combo fences for 9 years, still have all the originals in use. Don't skimp, you need springs! Excellent product! We put 1 on each line where we terminate to eliminate "sag"