- 54" x 60" plus 3" fringe.
- Lightweight and warm with a soft 3" European fringe.
- Made of lambswool.
In 1909, three brothers with the last name of Bishop, sought to resurrect an idle textile mill in Pendleton, Oregon. The elements for success were there—a supportive community, a major established railhead, and the city of Pendleton was already a shipping center for woolgrowers of the Northwest.
Originally built as a wool scouring plant in 1893, the mill had failed at both scouring and blanket weaving before the Bishops took over. When it reopened in 1909, it featured a more efficient facility, funded in part by a local bond issue. In September of that year, the first products emerged from the new finishing department, and as they say, the rest is history.
Onwards from the purchase of the mill in 1909, the Pendleton brand survived the lean years of the Great Depression, produced war blankets for the military, and resurrected the historic Indian Trading Blankets, now a staple of Pendleton design. Remarkably, the company is still privately held under management of the Bishop family. Today, headquarters are located in Portland, Oregon, but the original mill in Pendleton is among the few surviving woolen mills still in operation today.