Phantom R Shearing Comb
- 20 rounded tip teeth
- 3.4 mm thick, 77 mm wide
- Similar to Oster 7112, Sullivan's Beveled comb
- Fits Premier's 4000s or any 3" shearing head.
How to Use
Storing the Clipper/Shearer, Blades, Combs & Cutters
- Remove blades/combs/cutters from clipper or shearer.
- Clean blades/combs/cutters immediately after use by using a small brush or blowing off any excess dirt or hair. Cover with oil to reduce risk of rust. High carbon steel clipper blades will rust overnight. Rust destroys both edge and polished surface of blades.
- Store clipper/shearer and blades away from solvents, chemicals and moisture. Never leave them where they can be damaged by accidental impact. (We offer a storage box and wool felt for the blades and a case for the clippers.)
- To reproduce the quality of the cutting edge on the clipper blades that came from the factory, a lapping machine must be used. Most other methods are, in our experience, inferior. In addition to producing a cutting edge that won’t last, some methods can permanently damage blades. The most common “culprit” is using large high speed grinding wheels that are used to sharpen cutters and combs.
- Who uses lapping machines and who does not? Premier does and you can ship them to us. Other firms also use systems/machines that work well.
Warning: Clipper blades/cutters/combs that have been sharpened by inferior methods or inexperienced people may be damaged to such an extent that they can never be restored to a satisfactory cutting capability. The same is true of blades that have become too heavily pitted by rust.
- Make sure the comb & cutter are on as described in the instructions.
- Make sure the comb name can be read on outside when placed on head.
- Make sure to have 1/8" space from end of comb bevel to tip of cutter.
- Make sure the edge of the cutter does not go over the side of the comb.
- Make sure the tension is set correctly.
Resharpening ServiceItem #868600 -
Resharpen your blades, combs or cutters. Rapid turnaround, precision finish, low cost! Custom-engraving available.$1.50
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Darrell J from Oregon
Prompt, courteous, efficient have recommended a family purchase a 4000s like mine since we are so happy with it.
Kim L from New York
This comb definitely increases your shearing time, but NO nicks! Felt more confident using this with wiggly sheep.
Jeanne E from Missouri
The best I've ever used
Kristin G from MN
This is the best comb for a beginner. You are less likely to cut the animal with more teeth. Therefore, you can get close to the skin without cuts, although it will take you longer. If you want to shear faster, you will need less teeth (like the 13 tooth), but you will also cut the animal easier, so leave that for more experienced people. We've tried both, but I feel safer with this one and less cuts.