- Barrel is 6" long x 1" diameter
- Gun is 10" long
- Stainless steel with glass barrel
- Holds 50 ml per fill
- Requires manual refills every 10 to 20 head
- This syringe is easily put down leaving both hands free to refill the chute, mark an animal for special attention, etc.
- Adjusts to deliver 1 -5 ml at a time.
- Will use Luerlock or slip fit needles (not included).
How to Use
- Set the dosage using the turn dial at the rear of the barrel. Can be set in 1 ml increments from 1 to 5 ml/cc.
- Set the knurled tension nut that is at the end of the plunger. Turning it clockwise tightens the rubber washer inside the glass barrel making it more sealed, but also more difficult to move for filling and when giving treatments. Turning counterclockwise results in the opposite effects.
- After attaching a needle, fill the syringe by inserting the needle into the bottle of medication (make sure any protective metal cover on the bottle has been removed first) and turning the bottle and syringe upside down.
- In this position retract/pull the plunger down. This will "draw" medication into the barrel of the syringe. While filling you may need to push air from the barrel back into the bottle and retract again to fill up the entire syringe.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Paula S from New York
I like the syringe. It is easy for folks like myself who are new to this sheep business to figure out and use. A word of caution and kudos to Premier: the glass barrel is very fragile so be careful cleaning it. I broke mine and had to put off getting vaccinations done because I had not ordered a spare barrel. ORDER the spare barrel! Kudos to Premier for their easy exchange process when one of my barrels showed up broken. I simply called and explained that it was broken in the box and they sent another one right out. Thanks guys!