Premier 4000c Clipping Machine
- Slick shearing show sheep
- Clipping meat and dairy goats
- Shaving or peeling beef & dairy cattle
- Clipping llamas and alpacas
- Clipping horses
- Clipping show pigs
- Clipping ranch dogs
- They've also been used to cut imitation turf
Use with our large blade sets.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors. Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads—so the heads run 20° F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low-profile ribs makes it easier to grip the tension knob.
- Shorter tension bolt equals fewer turns needed to reset tension, so you spend less time changing and tensioning blades.
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Stainless steel inserts that are riveted in reduce the possibility of the inserts becoming loose.
- Round steel drive in place of a plastic bushing makes fitting the top blade easier.
- Includes 2 screws for attaching to motor.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
- Only 3 minutes to change a clipper head to shear head.
- Will drive Premier and Lister® clipper blades.
- Rarely slows down under load.
- Plows through fiber. Drives shear head with equal power.
- Motor is smaller in size, lighter in weight and shorter in length than any other large clipper.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Marsha M from California
I have used Osters all my life for clipping horses but started looking for a new set of clippers when I inherited a filthy, matted alpaca. I went with the clippers because I still have horses that I clip and wanted a dual purpose machine. These clippers are great! They are much lighter than my Osters and after an hour of clipping through three years worth of dirt and matted hair, they were still very cool. If I had more than one sheep or alpaca, I would spring for the shear head but the coarse blades worked fine for the one (though because of the awful condition of his coat, it looks like the chipmunks have been chewing on him!) All in all, I am very impressed with these clippers and their performance. My only complaint is they are really loud, maybe more so than my Osters but I haven't done a side by side comparison. However, the lighter weight and cooler running motor are way nicer so I will never go back to the other brand.
Carla B from Florida
Quiet, smooth action, clipped our Alpaca using the coarse blade set with no problems. got the set with case, oil and fine blade set for a great price and the customer service is also the best.
I LOVE this product. There isn't anything else like it. Lightweight, low sound, and fantastic quality. Never had bad luck and are very satisfied with it. You cannot go wrong with these! Well worth the money!
We have been very pleased with our Premier 1 clippers. We slick shear 10-12 head of sheep every year and have had no problems whatsoever.
Ilove these clippers! I have a 16.3 hand horse and my friend has an 18 hand horse (yes- huge and daunting task to clip this guy in particular)... These clippers helped us do the job quickly, smoothly and efficiently! Many compliments received on the fine clipping job and it took much less time than with the Oster clippers! I have only had them a short while and only used them on these 2 horses, but no problems so far, and I don't expect any since I know someone who has had her premier 1 clippers for years with no problems!