Premier 4000c Clipping Machine
- Slick shearing show sheep
- Clipping meat and dairy goats
- Shaving or peeling beef & dairy cattle
- Clipping llamas and alpacas
- Clipping horses
- Clipping show pigs
- Clipping ranch dogs
- They've also been used to cut imitation turf
Use with our large blade sets.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors. Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads—so the heads run 20° F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low-profile ribs makes it easier to grip the tension knob.
- Shorter tension bolt equals fewer turns needed to reset tension, so you spend less time changing and tensioning blades.
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Stainless steel inserts that are riveted in reduce the possibility of the inserts becoming loose.
- Round steel drive in place of a plastic bushing makes fitting the top blade easier.
- Includes 2 screws for attaching to motor.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
- Only 3 minutes to change a clipper head to shear head.
- Will drive Premier and Lister® clipper blades.
- Rarely slows down under load.
- Plows through fiber. Drives shear head with equal power.
- Motor is smaller in size, lighter in weight and shorter in length than any other large clipper.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Kim H from Virginia
I bought these clippers to replace an older model I got from Premier years ago (they still work fine, I just sold them to my daughter to save her some money and I bought new) These clippers work as well as the old ones as far as I can tell, although they are loud. The design has changed a bit, but if they do as well as the old ones I will be very happy. Premier has always been great to do business with, I recommend these clippers to people all the time.
Tara F from Louisiana
Love them they work great easy to handle
Went through full blown Icelandic Horse winter coat like butter---not an easy thing to do. My 10 yr old Star Listers gave out and I decided to try Premiere's clippers...glad I did. The premier folks have worked to remove the Lister faults and provide a superior clipper for us all. When we first got our ranch we got all our fencing supplies from them. Over time I have been very impressed with their professionalism, their attention to customer service, and easy to follow instructions. They seem to know what we need, provide it, and are willing speak to us about it too. As other reviewers have said, do follow the oiling instructions for the clippers. Great company.
My horse trainer had these clippers and we did the clipping of horses together. I moved away and now have to clip my own horse. I had two choices. I could buy one clip job by someone else. The second choice, I could buy these clippers. I chose to buy these absolutely amazing clippers. These clippers could probably mow your lawn in the shortest amount of time you could imagine. The clippers leave your horse clean and sleek, minus all the crazy lines that alot of clippers leave. I was worried about the torque that you need to screw the blades on. I watched the video and was at ease with my performance to make my clippers run correctly. I oiled the specific points as suggested at the instructed time intervals. I never thought the clippers were overheating. The hair just came off so easy and in so little time. They are easy to clean and maintain well worth the money. I do recommend you get ear plugs if you will be doing the clipping, they are loud but given the performance of the clipping speed it's worth buying two sponge ear plugs. I will probably clip my horse a couple of times this season. I will have then saved money by buying these clippers. Quite a few people have commented on the lack of mower lines my horse has. I did scrub my horse prior to the clipping. This is very important to have the results that I had from these clippers. I highly recommend these clippers to all the equine people out there.
Yes! We sheared 4 lambs for the first time ever and it went great. Followed all directions to a T!