Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Michael W from New York
My wife and I are beginner shearers. We couldn't find anyone to shear our angora goats so we decided to do it ourselves. We bought a cheap pair from amazon, and lets say what they were, cheap. I kept getting drawn back to these but was very hesitant to spend the money. We bought the shears with the Phantom R comb, and wow...That's all I can really say. The shears are quiet enough almost to the point where we can hold a conversation without yelling at each other. They weren't joking when they said a child can use them, they are light and very small and comfortable in the hand. They come in a brief case and honestly are very well built. I wish though that there was a directional arrow on the tension knob but that's really the only flaw I can find. Both myself and my wife (who is honestly scared of most power tools and will not operate them) uses these with ease, and remember this is our first time shearing our goats.
The ease of use, quietness, and overall performance will definitely make me speak premier 1 until someone can show me differently. I will definitely be using these and buying extra combs/cutters as my heard expands.
Stephen F from California
Just got done with a shearing course and starting my shearing biz. These worked great for my hobby flock. Hopefully they will help me make an income.
Mark D from Colorado
I've been around others that do sheering and decided to start doing our own Alpacas so I bought the 4000s and absolutely love it. It is lighter than some of the other models I've played with and a whole lot quieter.
Barbara L from Florida
I love this clipper, I bought them to clip my belted Galloway cattle. Three of them grow excessively long coats that mat, but these clippers just glide straight through it all. The best buy I've had in years, most clippers just get stuck up and drag and it takes me hours, not these, I'm so happy.
Sharon S from MIchigan
I purchased and used this item to sheer my Angora Goats. It worked beautifully. Was easy to use as an amateur that had bmnever sheered anything before. It would be nice if it can with a guide so you could leave 1/4 or 1/2 inch of fleece on animal to avoid them scratching their skin raw after. We were able to do this, however it isn’t close to being even without a guide.