Premier 4000s Shearing Machine
Has a high torque, rare-earth, permanent magnet 110 volt motor that glides through dense wool and hair.
Only the most-experienced shearers can push it fast enough to cause it to lose cutter speed.
Premier 4000s Packages include:
- Premier 4000s Shear
- Spirit or Phantom R Comb
- 4 point Spitfire Cutter
- 4 oz bottle of oil
- Instruction manual
- Blocking show sheep
- Shearing smaller flocks
- Shearing fiber goats
- Peeling and blocking beef & dairy cattle
- Shearing alpacas and llamas
Use with our combs and cutters.
- 110 volt.
- Quieter. Less motor "whine", kind to your ears and less likely to upset animals.
- Permanent rare-earth magnet motor enable more torque (power) and require less space and weight than ordinary motors.Less heat is produced by the permanent magnet motor and the fan forces air forward through our heads- so the heads run 20 degrees F cooler.
- Up to 20% shorter in length than other motors.
- Weighs up to 15% less than other motors.
- Smaller grip than other motors.
- Sleek, low profile head design (sharp visual look that catches your eye and impresses observers).
- Internal roller bearings instead of bushings (less heat, less wear and greater longevity).
- Suspended fork system (reduces risk of stripping the gear drive or breaking comb teeth).
- No cutter retainer or retaining spring (both caused hassles and broke too readily).
- Improved tensioning concept (spring clip is more effective at retaining tension than cupped washers).
- No more black plastic sides (these were prone to falling off and frustrating users).
- Only 3 minutes to change a shear head to clipper head.
- Motor has a 16 ft electrical cord.
Failure to oil as often as recommended may lead to excess heat and premature wear and tear.
Warning: Unlike some other clipper motors, this motor will neither slow down nor sound different when oil is needed. But failure to oil will quickly cause damage to the blades and drive head. So you MUST apply oil by time instead of sound. Apply a small amount of oil every 3 minutes to the tips of the teeth and each side of the blade by dipping them into a dish of oil or pouring oil directly onto the teeth with a small oil container and every 10 minutes drip oil into the small hole behind the tension knob assembly. Excessive wear can occur if not oiled properly!
Warning: Risk of electrical shock—Connect only to a branch circuit protected by a ground-fault circuit-interrupter (GFCI). Contact a qualified electrician if you cannot verify that the circuit is protected by a GFCI.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Dustin W from ne
Bought my first pair of these in the spring and have used them to shear/clip over 500 head of cattle so far without any problems. To the people having problems with them i would recommend running your new blades over a sharpening wheel before using them, I know theyre new but it definately helps. Also i've found that when setting your tension if you start with a looser tension and try to clip a small area tightening the tension until it starts to clip it prevents you from over tightening right off hand and will help your blades last longer.
Amy S from New York
I've been using the same set of shears for nearly 20 years: hot, heavy, noisy and too big to hold well. What a difference the 4000s makes! Cooler,quieter, lighter, easier to manage; my hand was not numb and tingly after! Note: I found much improvement when I readjusted the tension, despite being "factory set." I've always had good luck with Premier products. Thanks for making my life easier!
Robert W from Indiana
I was a bit hesitant in spending the money for the 4000s but I have to say, it was money well spent. This is a very professional piece of equipment!! The motor is strong, but very quiet and it is clear these are very well put together. I was afraid that with a few of the ewes having missed last falls shear, that this was going to be a nightmare. NOT AT ALL. The 4000s cut through like butter. They are light and stay very cool. A great shearing kit!!!
Ken W from North Carolina
Bought the 4000s 13 T Shear Package . This is an excellent product and very user friendly for novices like us. Years ago we tried to shear our llamas with the 3000 and gave up after creating a walking chia pet. Decided to go for it again with the 4000s - Wow! The unit is quiet and light and cuts like a charm.Changing the combs and cutters is very easy. We were going to shear one llama a day but due to the speed and ease of the unit sheared all 4 at once. For our first time would give our cut a B+ grade .If we can do it any one can succeed with this unit. Happy Trails
Mark N from Iowa
Very fast arrival of the product and nice case - that's about the only nice thing I can honestly write about this item. The shears dulled almost instantly on one alpaca. Customer service said I had to wash and blowdry my animals - why don't you find a better product to sell (this is your top of the line and with a large herd, who has time)? I ended up having to send them back for refund and hire a pro - who used Heinschler sheers and whipped through the animals with NO problems as they were. Definitely no "WOW" here - sorry Premier.