While Supplies Last. All sales are final, no returns.
Small 2-piece tag. Ideal for young kids and lambs.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
How to order—see "Customization" below. If ordering "blank" tags, type "blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
Not Scrapie Approved.
- Actual size: 1.25" x 0.44"
- Made of Polyurethane.
- 2-piece tag.
- 20 tags per package.
- Applicator sold under "Accessories Tab" above.
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Spearmint, Salmon, Pink, Lime, Black, Blue, Fuchsia, Red, Green, Gray, Purple and Orange.
Custom printing details…
- Order tags above.
- Determine imprint
- Numbers must be consecutive with or without repeating farm/ranch names. Up to 9 characters and 1 line per side.
- Logos/Brands a one-time $15 setup fee per design.
- Imprint location - male side, female side or both. Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
- Enter tag numbers/letters either in the "Customization Instructions" box in the Shopping Cart or the "Comments" box on the Payment Options screen.
- Custom-imprinted tags are not returnable.
How do I order…
- Blank Tags—Enter package quantity of tags above and type "blank" in the Customization Instructions box in the shopping cart.
- Individual names, numbers or replacement tags—Specific animal names on each tag as well as individual numbers out of sequence can be done. But it takes much more machine time per tag so the cost per tag is $2.50/tag and please call Premier at 1-800-282-6631.
Note: You can also hand write numbers and letters on blank tags or supplemental data on already printed tags. Use our marking pens sold under "Accessories Tab" above.
Why Q-flex tags are better(see photos under "See More Images")
- “Satisfying” snap - An audible snap can be felt and heard when installed so you know the tag was inserted correctly.
- Rotates freely - Male and female tags rotate against each other—allowing them to move away from snags.
- Fully flexible stem - Q-flex stem is completely flexible except for the male tip.
- Easier to read—sharp, crisp contrast - They show imprinted numbers and letters better. An exception is Q-flex orange.
- No “side-tabs,” so easier to load into the applicator.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. NOTE: Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
See PDF above for correct tag placement.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
Inserting Tags In Cold Weather
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Leon O from Louisiana
They could be a little longer.
Peder/Barb G from Montana
Using these as temp tags in super small Icelandic lambs, which this breed barely has an ear as it is. We have to use these as the Snapp tag WHICH WAS A GREAT TEMP TAG, is no longer available. However, stars given because I can handwrite on them. and they do not weigh the ear down.
anne b from ma
like the tags, but on one side of the tags the preprinted number is printed so the end of the number is close to the ear making it almost useless for reading. Would recommend this be changed.
Stephanie P from Nevada
I have small hands and these tags are difficult for me to apply because of the amount of force you need to get the parts to snap together. I really like how clearly the imprinting is on them. If I had larger or stronger hands I would really love these tags.