Q-flex® 1.5 Ear Tags
Larger and much more permanent than Qwik Tags.
Customize your tags! We can customize your tags with consecutive numbers or farm/ranch name. Usually shipped within 2 business days.
How to order: See Customization information below. When ordering blank tags, type "Blank" in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page.
Why Q-flex ear tags are better…
- “Satisfying” snap—An audible snap can be felt and heard when installed so you know the tag was inserted correctly.
- Rotates freely—Male and female tags rotate against each other—allowing them to move away from snags.
- Fully flexible stem—Q-flex stem is completely flexible except for the male tip.
- Sharp, crisp contrast for readability—They show imprinted numbers and letters better. An exception is Q-flex orange.
- Actual size: 1.88" x 0.56"
- Made of Polyurethane.
- 20 tags per package.
- 2-piece tag.
- Installs with applicator sold separately. (See Accessories tab above.)
- Tag colors in order of visibility and contrast of the printed numbers: Yellow, White, Spearmint, Salmon, Pink, Lime, Black, Blue, Fuchsia, Red, Green, Gray, Purple and Orange.
Custom printing details…
- Order tags above.
- Determine imprint:
- Numbers must be consecutive with or without repeating farm/ranch names. Up to 13 characters and 2 lines per side.
- Logos/Brands have a one-time setup fee of $15 per design.
- Imprint location—indicate male side, female side or both. We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
- Enter tag numbers/letters in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page or in the Comments box on the Payment Options page during checkout.
- Custom-imprinted tags are not returnable.
How do I order?
- Blank tags—Enter package quantity of tags above and type "Blank" in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page.
- Individual names, numbers or replacement tags—Specific animal names on each tag as well as individual numbers out of sequence can be done. But it takes much more machine time per tag, so the cost per tag is $2.50/tag. Please call Premier at 800-282-6631 to confirm your requirements.
Note: You can also hand write numbers and letters on blank tags or supplemental data on already printed tags.
Scrapie tagsWhen ordering, please enter the following information in the Customization Instructions box on the shopping cart page:
- Your Flock ID number (we are not allowed to keep this on file).
- The range of the 4-5 digit individual animal numbers (i.e. 4501-4520 or 45001-45020).
- Male side of the tag has two lines for custom imprinting (individual animal ID number is not automatically added). Specify what you would like on the two available lines as Line 1:____ and Line 2:____. (This is a good place to add the individual animal ID and a farm name).
Scrapie tags not available in blue. Flock ID number is imprinted on female side only unless otherwise indicated.
How to Use
- The male and female tags will come to you slightly connected. You will need to tear them apart.
- Place the flag of the female tag under the metal spring finger. The printed side of the female tag will be against the jaw of the applicator. Slide the male tag over the metal pin. Be sure to push it all the way onto the pin. The printed side of the male tag will be against the other jaw of the applicator.
- Make sure the tag is correctly placed. Slowly squeeze the handles together to be sure the male pin aligns with the female opening (be careful to not put the tag together yet).
- Place the ear between the jaws of the applicator. While gripping the ear, quickly and firmly squeeze the handles together until the male tag is inserted through the ear and into the female tag.
Note: We will print both sides (male and female) unless otherwise specified.
Inserting tags in cold weather…
Plastic tags (all brands) are much easier to install if they are warm. Why? As the temperature drops below freezing plastic becomes less flexible (more stiff) and forcing the male point of a tag through the female takes many more lbs. of pressure (because the female must expand).
So if you care about your hands it’s a good idea to keep the tags above freezing in very cold weather. It takes very little to do this. One method is to simply store them while tagging in a small bucket, cardboard box or tool box with a lid alongside a sealed pop bottle full of warm water. The warm water will keep both the air and the tags warmer in the container.
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
I've been very happy with these tags! I used these tags this spring, and in nine months I have had 100% retention. They are small enough to fit in a newborn's ears, and I successfully tagged newborn lamanchas as well. I have two lines written on the tag (ID and phone number), so it isn't very visible at a distance, but I use it as backup ID if I lose the other. I expect it would be readable with only one line. The applicator takes a good squeeze, but works very well, and the design is very easy to pop tags into.
The order was filled very promptly. The tag size is easy to read and numbers are bright. They installed with no problem, very pleased.
I have a ewe born in 2007 that STILL has her baby tag in her ear! These tags are great & I color-code as well as number for the year that they are born. You can cut off & put Scrapie tag in it's place should you ever sell the sheep. I have both in the ewes that I keep,and it helps me ID they year born. Love them & keep getting a new set each year.
Jimmy P from alabama
I really like the tags. They look good, are legible and seem to be staying in the ears well so far. They seem like a very good value for what they cost when compared to other tag brands.
Wade B from ky
Great service shipped fast and these tags are easy to see and use. These are a better quality tag and cheaper than most