- Capacity: 1 gallon
- Approx. size: 8.5"H, 9.75" pan dia, .8" pan depth
- Suited for: Chicks, quail or ducklings
- Number of birds: 35 chicks, 100 quail
- Waterfowl: Yes, but not adults
- Can it hang: No
- Designed to be shallow and narrow-lipped to prevent chicks and quail from drowning
- For indoor or outdoor use
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.
Heat Lamp and AccessoriesItem #557030 -
Smooth glass (PAR) infrared bulbs that can be used in heat lamps.$13.00
Write a Review
You must be logged in to leave a review. Please sign in.
Christopher P from Georgia
Inexpensive and useful. Works well.
Nancy B from New Jersey
I purchased this waterer for a batch of silkies I was hatching. It does not refill as the chicks drink. Definitely not a 1/4” inch of water. It’s more like just the bottom of the well is wet. When flipping back over after filling, the water POURS out.
Dawn M from Virginia
I ordered two of these to use in my brooder for my meat chicks. I put both of them in the brooder with a batch of 25 chicks. I am not happy with these waterers at all and would return them if I could. My main issue is when the water level goes down from the chicks drinking it, the vessel does NOT refill the trough automatically as it is supposed to. I check on my chicks every couple hours and each time I find the water level is down to 1/4" at most! That is almost dry!! I have found that I have to gently push down on the top and ‘pump’ with my fingers to get the water to come out of the vessel and fill the trough. This is unacceptable for a product that is supposed to be activated by the chicks drinking their water. Do they work? Technically, yes BUT not without a human manually pumping the water from the top.
1) Small water area so day-old chicks (and presumably quail) will not drown.
2) Very thick plastic that doesn’t feel flimsy in any way. Nice and sturdy.
1) Water does NOT refill itself properly without human assistance.
2) Cannot fill from the top, requiring you to ‘flip’ it over.
I would not recommend this product unless you want to be checking it every hour or so for the safety of your chicks.