Sheep & Goat Net 8/35/6 (82' x 35", yellow, single spike)
While Supplies Last! All sales are final, no returns.
A prefabricated fence that has 8 horizontal twines (7 conductive); is 35" tall installed, and has string verticals every 6".
White PVC posts are built into the mesh every 13.5 ft. The result, when energized properly, is a nearly impenetrable mesh to sheep, goats, coyotes and dogs.
How does it compare to ElectroNet?
- Has string verticals every 6" instead of plastic struts every 12". String is more prone to sagging but the closer vertical spacing is better for controlling foxes, lambs and goat kids.
- Has 8 horizontal twines. (ElectroNet has 9 horizontal twines.)
- Has 10 times more electrical resistance (380 Ω/1000 ft) so it's less suited for fences more than 1000 ft long.
- Not as easy to handle during removal and installation.
- Yellow color not as visible in light/dark situations as white/black.
- 8 horizontal strands.
- Horizontal spacings from bottom to top are: 6", 3", 4", 4", 6", 6", 6"/
- 35" tall.
- Vertical strings every 6".
- Posts (built-in) every 13.5 ft, .51 dia.
- Post spikes (SS) .26" dia, 6" long.
- Yellow and white.
- 380 ohms per 1000'.
Remember...netting must always be properly electrified!
Because it’s so easy to install and remove, many move netting weekly—thus reducing the length of net needed for only a limited area instead of an entire pasture.
It is best to have animals trained to electric fencing before you turn them out in the net only. The first time you put the animals in the net, you should be available to watch them for a while. That way if one were to get into the fence and get caught, you can turn the power off and get them loose.
Note: We’re aware that the lower price of this net will encourage folks to choose this version. Think carefully before you do so. Customers who are unhappy with netting are often those who’ve chosen its farmstore/catalog equivalents. So why do we offer it? Because it is similar to nets from other sources—and comparisons make decisions easier.
If unsure, give us a call at 800-282-6631 and ask to speak to consultant. They will help you make the optimal netting choice for your fencing needs.
Use only with a low or wide impedance intermittent pulse energizer. Warning! Do NOT use continuous output energizers with electric netting due to risk of fire. (Fi-Shock™ brand energizers which are sold as low impedance, continuous current output should NOT be used with electric netting.) All energizers sold on Premier's website use an intermittent pulse and are suitable for use with electric netting.
Dry conditions and wintertime usage may reduce the effectiveness of electric fencing.
Dry or frozen ground many cause the NetPost spikes to bend or break if inserted with force. Pilot holes may be needed.
Posts and AccessoriesItem #201040 -
These are replacement posts only for Premier's netting. (Not all shown at right.)$2.70
Fence Connectors and AccessoriesItem #200700 -
Replaces lost, misplaced or broken plastic caps (for posts 0.51" in diameter) on netting posts. Holds top strand of net in place so there is less sagging.$0.16
Electric NettingItem #200800 -
Clip designed for the spikes on standard netting posts. Keeps bottom black strand from sliding up and creating a gap at the bottom of the net.$0.12