Vital E®- A + D
Provides a supplemental source of vitamin A, D and E particularly for continual confinement animals. Injectable A + D-Tocopherol is a clear, sterile nonaqueous solution of vitamin A, D3, and E.
Natural vitamin A (carotenes) and tocopherols can be destroyed in feedstuffs through processing, ensiling and storage. Due to these losses, reduced intakes of fat-soluble vitamins can occur in animals maintained in continual confinement compared to animals allowed to graze lush pasture. Intramuscular or subcutaneous injections offer an efficient and rapid method to increase vitamin A, D and E status of animals.
Vitamin A activity is provided as retinyl palmitate, the biological storage-form of vitamin A, and vitamin E activity is provided as d-alpha-tocopherol, the natural and biologically active form of vitamin E.
- 250 ml
- Each mL contains: 100,000 International units (IU) vitamin A, 10,000 IU vitamin D3, and 300 IU vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopherol, a natural source of vitamin E). Also contains 20% ethyl alcohol, 1% benzyl alcohol (preservative) in an emulsifiable base.
- Made by Schering-Plough Animal Health Corp
- Made in Germany.
How to Use
Important: Store between 36˚ and 86˚F in a dark place. Store partially used vials under refrigeration (36˚- 55˚K).
Suggested Dosage: Cattle (Dairy and Beef)
Cows and Heifers
- 2 - 3 weeks pre-partum: 8 - 10 ml
- At calving: 8 - 10 ml
- End of lactation: 8 - 10 ml
- At birth: 4 - 6 ml
- At weaning: 4 - 6 ml
Yearlings: 5 - 6 ml
- Not for human use.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Intramuscular or subcutaneous injection only.
- Do not add water to solution.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Listed below are recommended optional components or related items. Your particular situation may require alternative recommendations. Please call and talk to our consultants if there are any questions at 800-282-6631.