Sheep Field Day 2017—Sold Out
Presented by Iowa State University & Premier 1 Supplies
Saturday, February 18
10am to 4pm (Registration begins at 9am)
2031 300th St, Washington, IA 52353
Iowa State University and Premier will host a Sheep Field Day on Saturday, February 18.
There will be guided tours of Premier’s barns (sheep are fully housed in the winter) and unique lambing facilities (ewes are jugged prior to lambing and are not monitored at night.)
As of January 10th, we have reached our maximum registration of 300 attendees. You may still RSVP below to be added to our first-come, first-served waiting list in the event that we have a cancellation.
- Lamb quality: What is (and is not) an ideal market lamb, and why. (Many will be surprised.)
- What do lamb buyers (including restaurants, stores and consumers) like and dislike about US and imported lamb as revealed by the American Lamb Board’s extensive nationwide survey and series of in-person interviews. (It wasn’t what I assumed…and probably isn’t what you think either.)
- How to succeed (and fail) at growing annual forage crops (rye, turnips, radish) for sheep.
- Pros and cons of accelerated lambing (lambing 3 times in two years). Dr. Ehrhardt and Premier have just completed visits to 5 different farms and will, if time permits, share why some succeed and why other’s don’t.
- Impact of micro minerals on feeding sheep.
- Hands-on teaching of critical winter shepherding/lambing skills courtesy of Premier’s 750 ewes and Dr’s Morrical and Ehrhardt.
Dr. Dan Morrical
Iowa State University
Premier 1 Supplies
Dr. Travis Hoffman
North Dakota State University
- Access to all sessions and exhibition areas.
- Goodie bag and online access to conference proceedings.
- Lamb or vegetarian pasta lunch.
- 10% discount on products picked up the day of the event. Orders must be placed on or before February 15. (Some items may incur Iowa 7% sales tax.)
SOLD OUT—As of January 10th, we have reached our maximum registration of 300 attendees. You may still RSVP below to be added to our first-come, first-served waiting list in the event that we have a cancellation.