If you have a question about our products or company, the answer you are looking for may be right here. As time goes by we'll be adding the most commonly asked questions that we receive to better provide the answers you need.
If you need additional assistance, please contact us or call
- How can I order from Premier?
- How can I find a specific product that I saw in Premier's product catalog?
- What is the availability of your merchandise?
- Why are some prices different on the web site and/or printed materials?
- How do you use my personal information?
- Do you accept orders from outside the continental USA?
- What methods of payment can I use?
- Do you offer gift certificates?
- How is freight figured?
- How do you ship vaccines?
- How do you ship heavy items?
- When can I expect my purchase?
- What is Premier's policy on returns and replacements?
- How do I choose an energizer?
- What are Premier's energizer warranty and repair policies?
- How do I reduce risk and liability?
1. How can I order from Premier?
Have questions? As you might expect, our people vary in their area of expertise. Though all have worked with our flock and farm, some own animals of their own, some have show experience, some can shear, some have been with Premier longer, etc. If your questions are more specific, ask for the right one.
- By Phone: We'll need your name, billing address, phone number, shipping address, and list of products. Credit card, money order, personal check (with social security number) or C.O.D. payment methods are accepted.
- By Web Site: Our URL is www.premier1supplies.com. Credit cards, money orders or C.O.D. payments are accepted.
- By E-mail: Our e-mail address is Include a phone number and shipping details. Credit cards or C.O.D. payments only.
- By Mail: Please include a check (with your social security number) or other instructions regarding payment.
- By Fax: Send completed order to our toll-free fax number 800-346-7992. Credit cards or C.O.D. payments only. Include a daytime phone number, credit card number, expiration date and security code.
Goods arrived damaged or shorted: Premier is not responsible for items damaged by the carrier. Report damaged packages immediately to the carrier. Advise us if you wish any damaged item(s) to be replaced.
Invoice errors: Premier includes a copy of each invoice in the package. Please examine it and call us immediately if there is an error.
2. How can I find a specific product that I saw in Premier's product catalog?
To find a specific product, use our product search feature that can be found on the top right of any page. Type in the item number exactly as it appears in the catalog (for example: 829000) and click the "Go!" button to submit your search.
3. What is the availability of your merchandise?
We stock what we sell. However, we suggest you order early to avoid a possible delay, as unexpected demand for an item may leave us short. You will be advised of any out-of-stock item(s) and the expected shipping date at the time of placing your order. Credit cards are not charged until the item(s) is shipped.
Backorders will be indicated on the invoice. We then ship these item(s) as soon as they are available. Your credit card will not be charged until the item(s) is shipped.
4. Why are some prices different on the website and/or printed materials?
Prices are subject to change without notice.
6. Do you accept orders from outside the continental USA?
We're happy to take orders from Alaska and Hawaii. Premier only ships orders internationally to Canada and Mexico. We ship regularly to these areas, but the least costly method depends on the size and weight of the order and the degree of urgency. Contact us to work out the shipping details for you.
7. What methods of payment can I use for orders within the USA?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, check, money order, or C.O.D.
C.O.D. orders: We require that all C.O.D. orders be paid by cashier's check or money order. Add $11.00 to cover UPS's collection charge on all C.O.D. orders. Cash is not accepted by UPS.
8. Do you offer gift certificates?
Yes, we do have gift certificates available in the following denominations. Please use the part number provided below when ordering and have a credit card ready.
#000025 $25.00 #000050 $50.00 #000100 $100.00 #000200 $200.00
9. How is freight figured?
All items will be shipped by ground UPS, FedEx, Priority Mail, Spee-Dee or motor freight (if less expensive) with the customer paying freight costs. Charges are based on the total weight of the order, your location and the method of delivery.
Some items and orders qualify for free shipping. Please view our Free Shipping Details link.
Situations in which you should mark the box on the check-out screen for an exact shipping quote:
- For orders outside the continental U.S.
- Rush deliveries (Next Day, 2-Day, 3-Day).
- When ordering vaccines, oversized items or orders over 100 pounds.
Situations in which you should call us for a shipping quote:
- When ordering oversized items or orders over 100 pounds.
- For orders outside the USA or Canada.
- Excise duties and/or excise taxes may be imposed by the Canada Border Services Agency on orders shipped from the USA. All customs fees and import duties are payable by the recipient. Learn more.
Rush deliveries: We can ship in-stock items via UPS 3 Day Select, Blue Label (2-day), Red Label (overnight) or FedEx. Rush orders must be placed before 2:00 CST. Rush orders placed after 2:00 (CST) on Fridays and orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will be shipped Monday. Please don't count the ship day as an "in transit" day. Delivery times exclude weekends and holidays. Please call 800-282-6631 for a shipping quote or click the box on the "Checkout Shipping & Processing" screen that says, "Please contact me with a shipping quote before processing my order." All claims, shortages or damages must be reported to the shipping company at delivery.
C.O.D. orders: We require that all C.O.D. orders be paid by cashier's check or money order. Add $11.00 to cover UPS's collection charge on all C.O.D. boxes. (If an order has multiple boxes then multiple fees apply. The fee is $11.00 per box not per order.) A separate cashier's check or money order is required per box. Cash is not accepted by UPS. The C.O.D. charge you see on your internet order is strictly an estimate--a Premier product consultant will contact you regarding the number of boxes and the total for each box.
Personal checks: We reserve the right to hold your order until your check clears. If you choose to include your Social Security number, that will expedite your order.
10. How do you ship vaccines?
Biologicals that require refrigeration will be shipped Monday - Thursday via an Air Service. A $5 handling charge will be applied to all shipments that require refrigeration.
If you do not wish to use an air
11. How do you ship heavy items?
These items include smooth, woven and barbed wire; T posts; welded wire panels; big bale feeders; some handling system components; and all shipments by commercial truck companies. Please call
12. When can I expect my purchase?
In-stock items ordered before 2 p.m. CST normally ship the same day unless instructed otherwise and will take from 2 to 10 days, depending on where you live. UPS and FedEx require an actual shipping address, not a post office box. If you can provide only a post office box, delivery will be via Parcel Post.
14. How do I choose an energizer?
One thing we have clearly learned from the field tests of the past few years is that a large low impedance energizer is not the best choice for all situations. The output curve of the energizer should be matched to the location, use and site. For example, the HotShock 1000 is our most suitable plug-in unit for long multi-wire sheep fences in the humid east (where high joule outputs at 200 ohms are needed to overwhelm weed contact). But the IntelliShock 506 is more effective for fences that have minimal weed load, that are located in semi-arid climates and for single wire cattle, horse and deer fences.
So we suggest that you call
- Total length of fence linenow and in the future?
- Species to be contained and/or deterred.
- Climate of sitehumid, dry or both?
- Soil (clay, sand, rock or loam)?
- Conductor (steel, aluminum, electroplastic twine/tape)?
- Permanent, semi-permanent, temporary or mixed?
- Will vegetation along either side of fence be controlled by grazing and/or spraying?
- Power source110v AC or battery?
- Existing fences or posts?
- Subdivision, perimeter fence or both?
15. What are Premier's energizer warranty and repair policies?
When you buy an energizer from Premier you purchase more than an energizer. You also obtain these important benefits:
If an IntelliShock, HotShock, Kube or Gallagher energizer fails within the first 2 years from the date of purchase, Premier will replace the module at our cost unless the reason for its failure is customer abuse or neglect. Your credit card will be charged for the replacement but you will receive full credit when we receive the failed item back at Premier. Your only cost is shipping the failed unit or module to us.
If the original IntelliShock, Hotshock, Kube or Gallagher unit is over 2 years old, we will repair and/or replace it but you pay for the repair cost and freight.
Note: The above policy does not apply to the Patriot energizer range. Its warranty is for 1 year. It covers lightning damage and defective parts or workmanship. Should a Patriot energizer fail we will replace the unit, bill you for the cost and shipping to do so then reimburse you after we have been able to examine the failed unit to determine the cause(s).
Free "next day" shipping of replacements by FedEx or UPS for IntelliShock, HotShock, Kube or Gallagher units that are within their 2 yr. warranty.
We'll ship Patriot replacements by the same rapid service if you pay the cost.
If you think your energizer has failed, call us promptly at
800-282-6631. We'll help you test to ensure that it has truly failed. (25% of the units we receive back work fine. The fence was at fault.)
A unit can be shipped from Premier by 2 p.m. Central Time to be received the next day. (Calls on Friday after 2 p.m. will ship Monday.)
Free technical support from our experts.
We provide you with advice both before you purchase an energizer or fence and for as long as you wish our help.
This applies to energizer repair issues also. If you are not sure how to replace a module in your unit, our people can "walk" you step-by-step through the process via the phone.
Solar Energizer packages.
With larger energizers (over 1 joule), the panel, battery and energizer need to be correctly sized for each site and use. We will do this for you at no cost to you if you ask.
Protection against energizer obsolescence.
Be assured that Premier's "contract" with our customers includes repair or replacement of any non-working units for up to 5 years whether the unit is "obsolete" or not. Who pays for us to do so depends upon the applicable warranty.
Remember the following:
- Never touch an electric fence wire with your head or upper torso.
- Never allow anyone else to do so.
- Instruct all visitors & children to never do so.
Risk & Liability Reduction Methods
- For reasons not fully understood, contact with the spinal and head area is much worse than contact with hands, arms or legs.
- Most experts agree that smaller energizers are safer than larger ones. (as long as animal control is not put at risk). So use smaller energizers on fences near children and untrained adults. To do so, change the fence design or management to reduce the weed-to-wire contact.
- Never connect 2 energizers to one wire at the same time.
- Never energize barbed wire.
- With high-joule energizers, reduce the available energy on wires near children or untrained adults with a 500-ohm resistor.
- Hang warning signs on the fence at critical areas where children or untrained adults will encounter them.
- Where practical, do not energize wires less than 12 in. above the soil. Why? To allow humans that might contact a wire enough space to fall away (by gravity) from any energized wires.
- Ensure that all energized wires are on the inside of your boundary fence (ensuring that anyone who touches them without your permission is a trespasser). For boundary fences, you can achieve this with internal energized offset wires.
The shock from electric fences can panic animals that may in turn crash into fences (or people), resulting in injury to one or both. Horses have been known to rear and throw their rider-resulting in injuries to both.
To reduce this risk:
- Build only nonelectric fences along horse trails, around livestock corrals and surrounding feedlots.
- Reduce the available volts and joules on fences that enclose very small areas (e.g. night enclosures), thus reducing panic and stress.
Are electric fences a safety risk to humans?
Since touching an electric fence leaves a vivid and painful memory and the voltages are high, most assume that the risk to life and limb must also be high.
But consider that hundreds of thousands of people are "exposed" to electric fences every day throughout the developed world-yet electric fences cause less than one human death per year worldwide. Compare that to the annual injuries and deaths that occur from exposure to tractors, skid loaders, PTO shafts, bales, mowers, combines, bulls, stallions, etc.
This is not to suggest that there is no risk. There is. And with risk, there is also liability to the fence owners. So read and heed the 9 points above!