Electric Fence High-Tensile Accessories
To build HT fences, you will need...
- Treated wood posts. End posts, corner posts, line posts and brace assemblies. Obtain locally. We pay a contractor to drive the wood posts and the install the wires ourselves.
- High-tensile wire. We use a mix of woven, smooth and barbed.
- Strainers to tension wire. HT woven wire needs its own clamp. For smooth wire use a chain strainer or an inline strainer. For barbed use a chain strainer.
- Wire splices, clamps & ends when needed.
- Tools. Wire cutters, woven wire clamp, chain wire strainer, hammer, pliers, etc.
- Insulators. To insulate one or more wires in the fence. It's important to choose the right one for each role.
- Brace pins for H braces For securing strain posts to cross braces in single- and double-H braces. Galvanized steel. 3/8 in. diameter.