- 1-1/4 pounds American Lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 18 cubes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 12 medium mushrooms
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 12 pieces
- 6 wood skewers (12-inch) soaked in water
- In small bowl prepare herb sauce by combining vinegar, garlic, rosemary, cumin, salt, pepper and coriander.
- Prepare kabobs by threading lamb, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion and zucchini onto skewers.
- Baste with herb sauce.
- Broil 4 inches from source of heat for 4 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium and 170ºF for well.
- Turn once and baste with herb sauce.
6 servings. Preparation time: 20 min. Cook time: 8 min.
Nutrition per serving: 205 calories, 26 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 7 g total fat (29% calories from fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 2 g fiber, 268 mg sodium, 7 mg niacin, 0.36 mg vitamin B6, 3 mcg vitamin B 12, 3 mg iron, 5 mg zinc
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board