- 2 pounds cooked American Lamb leg, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 head lettuce, torn in salad-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 4 tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 medium avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (12 ounces) tortilla chips, crushed
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) reduced calorie Russian dressing
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
In large salad bowl, combine lamb, lettuce, onion, tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, avocados and taco seasoning. Add dressing; toss. Add tortilla chips and mix. Top with cheese and black olives.
12 servings. Preparation time: 20 minutes
Nutrition per serving: 573 calories, 26 g protein, 43 g carbohydrate, 34 g total fat (53% calories from fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 9 g fiber, 830 mg sodium, 5 mg niacin, 0.35 mg vitamin B6, 2 mcg vitamin B12, 4 mg iron, 4 mg zinc.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board