- 4 American Lamb shoulder chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup white wine or fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed cauliflower (bite-sized pieces)
- 2 large carrots, thickly sliced
- 4 small onions
- 2 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3/4 cup broccoli flowerets
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- Parsley, optional
- Sprinkle chops on both sides with salt and pepper. In large skillet, heat oil with garlic. Add chops; brown on both sides. Add wine, boiling water and bouillon cube. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until chops are almost tender.
- Arrange cauliflower, carrots, onions and potatoes around chops. Simmer, covered,
- 15 to 20 minutes or until all are tender. During last 8 minutes of cooking, add broccoli
- During last 5 minutes of cooking, add tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.
4 servings. Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 1 hr 30 min
Nutrition per serving: 486 calories, 45 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 21 g total fat (38% calories from fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 5 g fiber, 965 mg sodium, 12 mg niacin, 0.62 mg vitamin B6, 5 mcg vitamin B12, 5 mg iron, 9 mg zinc.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board