- 4 American Lamb rib chops, 1-1/4 inches thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon
- Olive oil, as needed
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
Season chops with salt and pepper. Wrap 1 bacon slice around each chop. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown chops in oil, seam-side down, 4 to 5 minutes per side; transfer to a large plate. Add onions, rosemary and caraway seeds to the pan; cook until onions are soft, 4 to 5 minutes. Cover; cook over medium-low for 5 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper and vinegar.
Serve chops over the caramelized onions.
4 servings. Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board