- 1 American Lamb rack, frenched
- 1 container (7 ounces) pesto sauce (fresh or thawed frozen), divided
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh fettuccine
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 to 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Slice rack into 8 chops. Rub chops with 2 tablespoons of the pesto sauce. Grill chops over medium coals for 3 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness.
Drop fettuccine into boiling water and return to boil. Cook 2 or 3 minutes or as package directs; drain.
Toss hot fettuccine with remaining pesto sauce, oil, half and half and mint. Halve lemons; squeeze juice over pasta, to taste.
Serve 2 chops per serving with hot fettuccine. Sprinkle with pine nuts and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
4 servings. Preparation time: 5 minutes. Cook time: 15 minutes
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board