- 2 racks of American Lamb (8 ribs each), trimmed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Combine all ingredients, except lamb; mix well. Pat mixture on outside of racks.
Place lamb on broiler rack, bone-side down, in shallow roasting pan. Roast 30 to 35 minutes in 375ºF oven or to desired degree of doneness: 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium or 170ºF for well. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees.
4 servings. Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 30 minutes
Nutrition per serving: 416 calories, 45 g protein, 4 g carbohydrate, 23 g total fat
(51% calories from fat), 150 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 461 mg sodium, 11 mg niacin,
0.25 mg vitamin B6, 4 mcg vitamin B12, 4 mg iron, 8 mg zinc.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board